• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am going to take my kids out fishing for some panfish and I usually dont fish for them myself so does anybody know which lake might be better for some action, either Chisago, South center, or ceterville? I usually only fish for eyes and Pike but this has been my worst year in a long time and the kids are tired of being skunked.

thanks

All those lakes you named would be good. I was on peltier yesterday and marked lot's of fish, but they weren't very active. Good mix of crappies, sunnies, and perch though. Not alot of people on the ice either, where as centerville was a ZOO! So if your looking to avoid crowds, peltier would be a better choice. South lindstrom is a good place too, easy accessibility as well. And you might even get yourself a pike on a tip up.

I was one of those people at the centerville zoo yesterday. Seems like everybody i was by was very nice though which helps. I left the lake at 4 and thought about fishing peltier for an hour or two, never been out there what can a guy expect on an average day? Matt, Granted they'll probably only be catching sunnies and the ocasional crappie i would reccomend heading out to centerville, anywhere straight out from waterworks. look for 15-18 fow. Set your kids up with a light colored jig (yellow/green) and put them 6inches to 1.5 feet off the bottom and bait it with a waxie or two. They should have a blast catching them sunnies. Out of the lakes you mentioned this will most likely be the easiest to get set up on and plus its closer to hugo. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Matt, if you want to have a good time and get on some fish, take your kids to the FM Kids Get-together . I think it's up on North Center and Tom (who's putting it together) is doing a great job. I wanted to go but due to wheather got post poned and I'm going to red. It's going to be a great time and last time I was there the fish were biting good.

We have decided to switch the location of the get together after a very successful outing today, and I will be posting a map up on the link that sandmannd put up. It is gonna be awesome, we really did get a lot of panfish today even with the crappie \:\) weather conditions.

Matt, I'd say Centerville also. Was there Fri and Sat. Straight out from Waterworks west of the big group. 18 ft of water, loads of crappies 2 ft off the bottom and a few sunnies on the bottom. Minnows and/or larve with any glow jig. Bite stared around 4:15 than quit at 7:00 pm. Crappies runing up to 11". Took home enough 10"ers for supper. Good Luck !