Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishin for the Jumbis!

1 post in this topic

Hey all you tight lippers on this thread, I can see why there are no posts on here right now - that's because the jumbis are smackin (jumbo perch). My buddy and I came away with about 5 or 6 jumbos two days ago (Saturday) in about the 9 1/2 to 10 inch range. We also caught many nice ones in the 8 inch to 9 inch range as well. Overall for the day we managed about 25 perch and we ended up keeping about 15 of them. We also got a bonus 14 inch walleye as well. We setup on "Big Island" for most of the day. The hot depth there was 18 ft. On the camera we were sitting in sand and closer to the island on the break, you could see a lot of nice rocks and boulders. The perch were siiting here and were agressive. Fatheads and crappie minnows on the dead sticks worked the best. We were using spoons and fish heads (angel eyes in hammered gold and any buckshot rattle spoons) to jig em in, and then they would bite on the deadsticks. So, there ya go - find Big Island (we were the only ones on that spot on Saturday actually, This was surprising becuase the lake was packed this past weekend!) and 18 ft of water right on the break and you'll have a chance at some Jumbis! With luck, this will help blow the lid of them tight lips... I like sharing fishing spots I guess! Good luck.