Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
trimbelle22

Vest

trimbelle22    0
trimbelle22

I'm loooking a buying a new fly fishing vest without breaking the bank and wondering what other people like? Is there a certain design that people find more comfortable to wear or cast in? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

-Marc V-    0
-Marc V-

I had got one of the chest pack deals a while back. I personally don't like to wear it on my chest (it's convertible to a waste pack). Lower back starts to ache in a awful sort of way after a day of fishing. That said, i do have a regular vest...that's what I prefer when trout fishing. When warm water I use the waist pack just cause I can fit bigger boxes in it.

If i was to get another vest, I'd get one that's a little more breathable as the hot days with the old cotton vest get mighty hot.

turiprap    0
turiprap

I think the most critical thing to look for in a vest - beyond how well it's generally put together - is comfort at the shoulders. So far it looks like neoprene padding there is still the way to go. If you carry lots of flies and lots of tippet material, look carefully at the storage systems for those items (I have a shockingly expensive vest - an anniversary gift from my sweet baboo - that I really like, but tippet storage in it is, in a word, lousy. Beyond that, you may want room for a bit of lunch or a rain jacket in a large back pocket. I haven't figured out if mesh is better than poly/cotton or whatever in hot weather. It's personal preference, I think. Good luck.

DEADhead    0
DEADhead

I have an old meshmaster vest from Patagonia. As far as a vest goes it has almost everything you'd want, rear storage, big front pockets, comfort neck, etc... But I don't like wearing a vest while fishing, so I don't wear it often. Too often a vest gets overloaded with all sorts of stuff you don't really neeed. it can be heavy on long days, and it's easy to lose or misplace stuff in your vest. I've been using a sling, and new for this year, I picked up Patagonia's new Double Haul. It is redesigned for 2008 and is now modular. Now I have a chest pack and a waist pack and can wear them in any configuration I want, and can opt to only wear one at a time. The waist pack can also hold a hydration bladder. Just wanted to let you know that there's other options out there than a vest.

trimbelle22    0
trimbelle22

thanks for all the input guys, i think i will just have to look around and find something that is the most comfortable and practical for what i use it for.