Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigWadeS

Driving Conditions on Blackduck

4 posts in this topic

How is the driving conditions on Blackduck? Is there alot of snow cover or can a guy get a around fairly well without 4WD? I will be up this weekend and hoping to be able to drive around a little bit.

I was on the pond Saturday...would NOT recommend trying a car or 2 wheel drive vehicle.....would suggest 4 wheel drive only if you plan to go. I did see one car out there and don't have a clue how it got out there....and how it was going to get back off the lake!!

The winds the other day did a job on lake, the access had the winds blowing into it and there are some drifts out there that you don't see until you're right on them, so we've and some of our guest just used four wheelers the last couple of days without any problem (see better than in the truck). But there have been more trucks heading out on the lake yesterday and today so that should help with that, plus the end of the week they'll have it plowed at the access and the area for the fishing contest, but right now I wouldn't use a low clearance vehicle or a 2wd.

Was on the "Duck" Sunday (2/17/08) and not only got stuck twice myself, but witnessed three other four wheel drive vehicles that also had hung up on drifts (2-3 feet deep). Factor in that we had fog/misty rain so it made it difficult to see where to manuever and maze around drifts...............

Definetly carry a shovel, perhaps a tow strap and/or plan on getting off the lake prior to dark or backtracking a crumb trail on your gps if you venture any distance from the shoreline.