Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronM

Aerial Photos?

10 posts in this topic

Looking for something around the Angle on the Canadian side, but does anyone know where to find something like this? Would love to have an actual, aerial photo of the lake around there. Thanks!

You can download free aerial imagery of the entire state (divided up by county) at this site. The files are in MrSID format though, not sure if most photo viewing packages can read them or not.

Photos are from 2003. They have 2006 photos on the LMIC site too, but I'm not sure if they're downloadable or not.

http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/naip03mrsid.html

try google earth its free

Thanks for both of those links, I forgot about Google Earth. I'll probably end up using that if I can't find anything else, though I would still like to find something similar to a map that I can take out on the water with me. Any other ideas of somewhere I could go to find that?

Google "Angle Inlet". Click on the first hit "Map of Angle Inlet, MN". In the upper right hand corner, click on "Satellite".

Can anyone tell me if anyone has an aerial photo of all the fish houses out on the lake. I have friends down south that can not beleave it is true of all the houses out there. Thanks

thats would be a sight to see.i would even buy a copy of that.

This type of photo would be a rarity.

The majority of free and readily available aerial photography are funded through federal, state, and local governments for the purpose of landuse planning and/or resource concerns. These flights are primarily leaf off, typically early spring, or sometimes late fall. Unless someone would pay for the cost of the flight or satellite scene, the chances of such a photo existing are rare.

Joel

I have used those MrSID format photos before and didn't find them to be all that great. I downloaded the viewer for them and downloaded some of the photos but the file sizes were astronomical. They are okay, but for general use, the stuff from google earth/maps, mapquest, and or terraserver are going to be okay for most users.