Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
AaronM

Aerial Photos?

AaronM    0
AaronM

Looking for something around the Angle on the Canadian side, but does anyone know where to find something like this? Would love to have an actual, aerial photo of the lake around there. Thanks!

Juan Grande    25
Juan Grande

You can download free aerial imagery of the entire state (divided up by county) at this site. The files are in MrSID format though, not sure if most photo viewing packages can read them or not.

Photos are from 2003. They have 2006 photos on the LMIC site too, but I'm not sure if they're downloadable or not.

http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/naip03mrsid.html

bigdaddy1968    0
bigdaddy1968

try google earth its free

AaronM    0
AaronM

Thanks for both of those links, I forgot about Google Earth. I'll probably end up using that if I can't find anything else, though I would still like to find something similar to a map that I can take out on the water with me. Any other ideas of somewhere I could go to find that?

Hookmaster    6
Hookmaster

Google "Angle Inlet". Click on the first hit "Map of Angle Inlet, MN". In the upper right hand corner, click on "Satellite".

fishinglady    0
fishinglady

Can anyone tell me if anyone has an aerial photo of all the fish houses out on the lake. I have friends down south that can not beleave it is true of all the houses out there. Thanks

mnhunter 3815    0
mnhunter 3815

thats would be a sight to see.i would even buy a copy of that.

HateHumminbird    0
HateHumminbird

This type of photo would be a rarity.

The majority of free and readily available aerial photography are funded through federal, state, and local governments for the purpose of landuse planning and/or resource concerns. These flights are primarily leaf off, typically early spring, or sometimes late fall. Unless someone would pay for the cost of the flight or satellite scene, the chances of such a photo existing are rare.

Joel

polarsusd81    0
polarsusd81

I have used those MrSID format photos before and didn't find them to be all that great. I downloaded the viewer for them and downloaded some of the photos but the file sizes were astronomical. They are okay, but for general use, the stuff from google earth/maps, mapquest, and or terraserver are going to be okay for most users.