Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody Lubeley

Crappie bite in Isle???

45 posts in this topic

I heard late season there can be a good crappie bite around this area is that true? If so where do you usually fish for them?

there is a nice crappie bite and thay are real monsters to not a lot of people no about it to i went out last year two nights got limits both nights biggest was 2 and half pounder

right next to the big white ice castle on the north end is good i hear

stillfishin, what depth were you fishing for them? were you right in isle bay

Jeez do you hvae any advice/spots/lures anything is helpful i would like to try that but i would have no idea where to start you can email me if you want it should be in my profile

yea realy good i talket to this old guy last year he said all he dose now is fish for crappies he said its been the best since he could remember and thay are big to

man thatd be fun nothing better than getting into a school of big crappies

i was in 20 to 25 feet we were useing glow demon jigs with small shiners about the size of crappie minnows

is there a specific time of year and where did you go out of?

its so much fun fish for perch all day then head over for crappies at night better the staying for walleyes

were you in isle bay

were you surrounded by 9ft of water

we went out of this resort i cant rember the name but it was the weekend after the shacks came off i will talk to my brother and see if i can get the resort name for you

haha yea walleyes have been really slow this year ive only iced two only one being a keeper the other was only 9" or so

cody, we will have to head down to isle bay next weekend right when the perch extravaganza end. we can catch the night bight there

we were just on the edge of the bay i dont if there was 9 ft around us we went out with my grandpa and dad thay no a spot pluse my grandpa lives on the lake so he knows a lot of spots

still fishin, was the resort called mcquoids?

Yeah im down for that, that would be nice to get into some nice crappies its been a while

its hard to pay attention just go with the flow, yea the walleye bite is tuff it seems like thay are bitting when ever your not up there

mayb im not sure icefishing21

icefishing21 i will get that resort name for you tomarow i will talk to my grandpa for yea guys and get you hooket up

I heard about this crappie bite years ago. I just get too busy with work in March since I am landscape designer. I was always told late February into March in Isle Bay. Its a very distinct spot. Hopefully this will be my year up there.

Lubey, maybe we should head up there sometime together. I know the spot I just need someone to force me to go up there. I dont like traveling that far to the big water to fish solo. We're both on the same side of town.

alright id appriciate that alot maybe ill see u up there sometime. you can just email me the info at bensollin@aol.com if your alright with that

Quetico,

i'd be down for something like that, Im heading up this weekend for the perch extravaganza with icefishin21 and i think we might try for some crappies friday evening if we can get some info on where they are...Still fishing email me at clubeley@charter.net if you dont want to give up your secret spot to everyone