• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Adjusting sat. dishes

huntingmaxima

Question

Is it very hard to dial in these dishes out on the lake? Do you have to dial them in differently all the time? Are they worth takeing with?

2 answers to this question

It's not that difficult. You just need a compass. I use a sat finder signal meter that goes in line between the dish and the box. With the sat finder it makes it much easier to find the sattelite. You can get them at radio shack. You need to know the correct direction and angle for your area. My box tells you this if you enter a zip code. I think most do this. I use 187 degrees and 37.4 degrees angle to start for around the metro and even mille lacs and then fine tune from there using the sat finder. It usually takes me less than a minute to have it setup. I use an inverter with mine so I don't need a noisy generator. Definitly worth taking with IMO.