• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

H2O Update Question

cliffy

Question

I need your help. I finally got around to trying to update the software on my H2O. I bought the unit three or four years ago and it states it has software version 1.2. So, I go out by the card reader/writer thingy and a 2gb SD card. I go to the Lowrance website and follow the directions...seeing the newest software update is 1.5. I download the update to the SD card. I put the SD card into my H20 and turn the unit on. It appears to be starting up and then just shuts off. If I wait long enough it looks like it tries to restart but then again shuts off. I pull the SD card out of the unit and it starts just fine but states it still is using the 1.2 software. What am I doing wrong? The directions on the web-site says that it will automatically update the software?

and to top it off, it looks like all my old way points were erased!!!

12 answers to this question

it looks like I found my way points again...after I turned on the advance mode...but I still cant get the latest software to download....any help or suggestions would be great.

One more thing. If I were to update my software, will I lose my current waypoints?

Thanks

Cliffy

oh my lord, please dont tell me I spent all that money on a card that is just too big... mad.gif

I originally bought a 2gb card when I got my H20C, but it would only recognize 1gb of it. I think it mentions somewhere in the manual about it as well.

I had the same problem, only I bought a 4gb card. Good thing I have a digital camera to use that one in. You can only have a 1gb or smaller card in for the H2O. Let me know if you need help with getting the update, I live in Fargo and I have some extra cards you can use to update the software.

Lenny

I believe Gander MT. and some of the sporting goods stores would do the up grade for you for free.

Make sure you have new batteries installed.

ok, Thanks, I will try a smaller card. How about the way point question. I am not going to erase my way points by upgrading the software...am I?

Can't help you on the 2GB issue, I have a 1GB Kingston card and it works great for the H2O. If you can get the update to work, it should not erase your waypoints. It will reset to easy mode and you just have to go in and change to advanced. Just like what happened last time. I would try erasing the update and reinstalling it on the card before going out and buying another one. I have had to do it a couple times before to get it to work. Good luck!

ALRIGHTY....I am back in business again. I tried a 16mb card and it worked like a charm. Sorta the pits that I bought a 2gb card for nothing....I don't have anything else that uses that sort of card. Oh well. Thanks to all for your help.

Cliffy

Buy yourself a nice digital camera to take pictures of all the fish you will catch because of your GPS \:D

ah, great minds think alike. Just purchased a little Cannon Powershot ELPH about two hours ago.....tiny little camera that will fit nicely in my coat pocket. I justified the purchase based on the fact that I already had the SD card. I already had a nice digital camera...but it took Compact Flash cards.........

LOL I have a powershot as well and that is what got me thinking of that card you got for your GPS. The camera comes with a worthless 16 Meg card and that new one of yours should work nicely with that camera