Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt fish repeat

Ice Fishing Contest

15 posts in this topic

Only 1 week remains before the 4th Annual Bass Lake Ice Fishing Contest and I would like to extend a personal invitation to all forum users to attend. Unlike other large tournements such as the Forest Lake Contest, our contest is a 100% non-profit event planned, set-up and put on by all volunteers. The Somerset Youth Athletics Association or SYAA's main purpose is to improve the lives of area youth by providing positive opportunities thru youth athletics.

We will be awarding over $50,000 in prizes, this years grand prize is a 2008 Chevolet Silverado 4x4 pick up, and last year we had under 1000 participants. Our main sponsors are Gander Mountain, Marcum, Snosuit, Frabill, Wilcraft and more.

The contest date is February 23rd with registration begining at 9:00 a.m. and fishing starting at 12:00

This is a great family friendly contest with a seperate division for kids, The first and second place prizes for the youth division are Nintendo Wii game systems 3rd and 4th are apple Ipods.

All parking is right on the ice with no shuttle hassles to deal with. Concessions of food and beer wll be availabe on site and we deliver!

Bass Lake is just 8 miles East of Stillwater, Mn.

Grab the kids, grab the dog, grab your friends, grab your wife, grab your friends wife ;\) we dont care just show up.

For complete details please visit our website at bass lake contest Bass Lake Contest

I'll second that, this is a great derby!! Lots of great prizes, fun, and a lot less people than metro fishing derbys. If I wasn't out of town that weekend, I'd be there in a heartbeat!!

GE

Were is bass lake wisconsin? I live in shakopee anyone no how far it is from there? Thanks

Bass Lake is 8 miles East of Stillwater or approx. 10 miles North East of I94 in Hudson.

$30?? Why so expensive? I only paid $30 for the forest lake contest and they had $170,000 in prizes.

Sounds like a fun tourney, but I'll be up on Red Lake this weekend.

On a personal note and I'm not sure if this was your intent, but please don't bash the fishapalooza. You did have to be shuttled, but I would say it was one of the most organized events I've ever been too. Didn't have to wait for the bus or anything.

IMO I think any tourney for a cause is worth checking into and going to, but I don't think you need to say yours is better to get folks there. Just my $.02.

JMO, but the bass lake contest is much smaller than Fishapalooza, hence there is much less competition to win a prize. The cause is for raising money for area youth athletics, so it is a good cause just like Fishapalooza was. The price is the same, fishapalooza had more money worth of prizes, but you will also see about 1/3 the people at the bass lake contest, so it pretty much evens out. They are both great contests and both go to supporting great causes. I fished the fishapalooza and will do so every year most likely. I fished the bass lake contest and it is a great one as well. I would definitely fish in it if I wasn't going to be out of town that weekend. It is a very well organized contest with a lot of great people and prizes. Most of all, it's fun. Good luck to all who fish in it, it is a good one.

GE

My intent was not to belittle the Fishapalooza contest if I did'nt already have plans I would have been there myself. I only tried to express the fact that ours is a much smaller non-profit contest.

30$ is a lot of money for a non profit tourney.

Well Boys you might as well stay at home the Fishing Queen will be on the lake. I plan on driving home with my new truck grin.gifI should be there early so I can help Cold Front with the set up.It looks like really nice weather for the contest. I am thinking about staying on the lake for some later crappie action. Has anyone ever fished for crappies on Bass Lake? If anyone is interested in staying and fishing some more I will be on the ice. You can ask Cold Front Kurre if he has seen me .

Rip Lips

Pat

Pat, the crappies in Bass lake are very nice, but they are very hard to find in the winter months. The bluegills in this lake are ginormous also, but I can not find them either in the winter very often. Once in a while, I stumble on them, but most times I can not find them buggers. I sure have no problem finding them May through June, I have pulled some pounders out of here on several occasions. I usually release them though, this lake is only 400 acres or so and CPR needs to be practiced here. If you catch a walleye here, relish the moment because I have never seen anyone pull one out, although the DNR claims they are in there and has stocked several thousands of them. Lots of bass and northerns though. Good Luck.

GE

what can be expected to catch then?

a goog buz!!!! pesky bottle bass =)

Don't forget a Wisconsin fishing License is required...

In the winter months, you can catch tons of northerns, bass, smaller bluegills, and even some perch. In the spring, you can catch monster gills and crappies, along with tons of northerns and bass. You will probably catch some rock bass too. Takes a while to learn this lake though.....