Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanman

northerns around roch???

7 posts in this topic

i have been fishing on ponds in my area and i am kinda sick of catching sunnies and crappies lookin for som northerns ..any ideas?

lake zumbro, fishermans in bay, tipups with shiners ;\)

Attempted that this morning, with nothing to show for it. Good luck finding shiners, they are in very short supply everywhere due to some kind of kill off up north, and with the VHS thing, importing them is not an option for the baitshops. We only got one flag and missed it, we are going to try a different area tomorrow am.

Silver Creek, and Lake Zumbro are your options in this area. Silver Lake, and the zum river below also has a few. The backwaters of the Miss are another good option

I don't know if this will help you out or not, but if you drive down to Austin, MN; find Ramsey Dam and fish there. I pulled out a nice 25 inch nothern there last summer shortly before getting deployed. Take you there are also plent of Small Mouth Bass and panfish at the same spot, but my buddy does alot of local northern fishing there. If the fishing sucks there, you can always do some Walleye fishing in ALbert Lea.

Northern season is over in Minnesota...

Border waters.