Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riverwalker

Showdown fishfinder??? Whatta crock

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any trouble with theirs? I got one Friday and took it to the forest lake tour and it was all scrambled from interference....So much for 10 levels of reduction....completely messed up the workings of the unit...would read 236ft, 2.8...59...etc... Then took it to a small lake on the way home to test it with zero interference and by a solo marcum unit.....I could not even get my jig on the thing...tried every setting imaginable...Could see fish, but had to have the gain all the way up....Maybe I have a bad unit, but has anyone else had any problems with theirs...I am just going to return it and go with a vex or marcum.....I give up on this showdown thing....

sorry to hear that man. Thanks for the report though i was strongly considering picking one up till now. I think ill just stick with my gut and go with the fl 12

to see what they can do for you.I don't have a Showdown, so I am not versed as to any issues with this unit. Many here at FM.com have posted that Aqua Vu's customer service is top notch, so I would call them first,or email them.

Understand that with hundreds of flashers/locators putting out signals in such a confined area,interference is going to be an issue with most electronics.There have been other threads addressing flasher usage at contests, if you want more info.

Well in my efforts to email and call the nature vision people, who still have yet to return my call, or email, which they said they would in the order it was received, or whatever the answering machine lady said.."I am not bashing them in any way"..I guess my message is still in limbo. Or unless they are the only people besides the state and feds who actually got today as a holiday..wish i was one...lol....anyways..my ADD kicked in and I couldn't wait any longer. So I went and returned it where I bought it and the guys were great as they always are. So I saw a nice little vexilar fl-8-slt under the glass in their shop and found it a new home. Thanks to the guys who helped me out with my little showdown problem. I will be by to get some bait tomorrow before I go try it out....And to the question of interference I have firmly believed that I just got a faulty one that had a bad "ducer" on it. It happens....

At those events just about every unit is jumbled. When I was at gull I had a little interference but all the Vexs and others were scrambled.

Not a situation that I would judge most unit's performance on.

Exactly. I had to shut my flasher down at the Brainerd contest(Gull). No reason to keep it on with all the interference.But I am not going to chuck my Vex in the trash because of it,either.

Originally Posted By: riverwalker
Or unless they are the only people besides the state and feds who actually got today as a holiday..wish i was one...lol

Yep, I wasn't going to complain at all for getting paid to be at home yesterday. grin.gif

Well it's now Wednesday night and yet no email or call back from the nature vision people. Well since it doesn't matter now anyways, it still would have been nice to hear from a company that you invested a couple hundred dollars into. But oh well, its gone and I tried out the vex yesterday and got fish. Guess it was a good day.

"Not a situation that I would judge most unit's performance on."

Wasn't trying for a great situation at the tourney, but the conditions were perfect for the trial at the lake on the way home....Really thought it was going to be a good product...still bummed by it....

I think that your subject line was right on these units. Nature Vision had a model last year that was nearly the exact same called the VPG, I work retail and nearly every unit was returned. They changed the name this year, and I heard that they were still a pile of [PoorWordUsage]. The Nature Vision customer service is very good however, its nice to have a company like that based in Minnesota.

My son purchased a Genz Stik from a local store and when he got home he realized one of the screws on the reel was missing. He called the store and was told that they did not have another in stock. I called Nature Vision and it did take two days for them to return my call. After explaining the situation and my only request was could they send the missing screw they said they would send the entire reel, brand new. The new reel arrived two days later, postage paid. She also told me that even though this is a Genz endorsed product it is made in China. Thats why they couldn't send just the screw, they didn have any. Not knockiing the Genz products, I have several and they are good rods. Too bad though about your experiance with the electronics. Bill