Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duckman8

What's working best on LOTW?

14 posts in this topic

What is working best on the LOTW? I thought we would start a fun topic on this.

BudLight,tiped with a small chunk of slim jim, fished a few inches off the bottom!!

We prefer Mich Golden with venison jerky right on the bottom.

We'll be using creamed corn on a plain hook this weekend. \:D

We're going after the big Pike. We'll be speed trolling with Barbi and Ken dolls dressed with 0000 trebles!!

I know this forum is supposed to be fun.....but its also supposed to be informative.

P.s. too much mich golden and venison, and I'd recommend staying away from my bottom.

jigging with red glow buckshots.and orange plain hook on deadstick.silver shiners seem to be the bait they want.

I had really good luck this past weekend using an all gold demon tipped with a shiner. I only bought one at the bait shop on the way out, big mistake. It was getting slammed right away. Caught four quick eyes then had one snap my line right at the top of the hole. Jig gone. Nothing produced as well after that.

the purple demon is also a good 1 to use under a bobber.

Hey, Ive never been on the lake. Heading up first thing in the morning. Im just throwing out some ideas here. Seriously, I have been doing my homework and will be trying all of the above if necessary.

I do have one question and its a bit off topic but....being a LOW greenhorn, I am assuming that the auger extension is mandatory at this point in the game??

It's a hateful thing not to have enough auger. Bring the extension!

Got it! Im vapor...... Will check in Sat upon our return. Thanks and Good Luck all!

Read about a week ago that there was about 38 inches of ice. That would be an extension

yes dont leave home with out it.