Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz

What to Do??? Old wheel house

7 posts in this topic

Well now that MDOT decided to change the status of a wheel house and require a registration, what about us who have had a Wheel House for more than 10 years and even though it's a commerically built, have no VIN number on it?? Are we now required to get a licence plate too? I liked the old rules where it was a vehicle of husbandry and you could use it anytime without restrictions.. To keep legal, how do I now procced??? \:\) Kaz

I would call or stop in to one of the state license bureaus and talk to them. Im sure they have a way for you to get legal. I built a utility trailer a few years ago and they were able to license it after answering a couple of questions about the size and construction. I hope that helps.

Kaz: I believe as stated, answer a couple of questions and they will assign a VIN number and a registration number. Also once they are licensed for the road they now are an endorsement to the auto policy for insurance purposes, if you wish to insure it. There is no requirment to do so. The liability from the towing vehicle will cover any damage to another person or property if it were to come loose and pass you on the roadway. Endoresring it covers damage to the unit. If its a skid house then it falls under contents coverage on your homeowners policy. Just a couple of more items to cause confusion....LOL. Bill

Thanks Bill... I'll do that when I get back up North.. To nice to leave here yet... LOL Kaz

Boy it sure is nice here today! a very raw 7 degrees and a brisk wind to make it even more enjoyable if you have to go outside for any reason. I cant wait to get my boat out of storage and slide it into the water. Dont get me wrong I love ice fishing, I just have had enough cold for this winter.

Hey Wing, keep the fires going, I'll be up there before you know it... Talked to Elaine J the other day and she said is was COLD!!! She put a boiling pot of water outside and it froze solid before it quit BOILING.... Man that's cold... LOL Kaz

It ain't much better today. The weather this morning showed -27 in Bemidji without factoring in the wind. -17 in St Cloud, windchill -33. What did you say the temp was in Floriday Kaz? LOL Bill PS Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.....