• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Parley Report (2/16)

JBMasterAngler

First time ever to lake. I wasn't expecting to see a wild and "house-less" shoreline. What was up with the wind? That was totally not in the forecast. I had a tem reading of 35 degrees, but the wind was BLISTERING! Felt like single digits. I marked zero fish in 17 ft, but in 14 ft my vex was lit up like a christmas tree from 5 ft below ice all the way to bottom. Just a couple nibbles though. Caught 1 perch for the whole day...probably the biggest metro perch I've ever caught (about 9 inches). I like the look of the lake though, I think I'll be visiting again in the spring with my boat.

JB, you're not alone, I had great but fishless day on another small lake yesterday. I was the only one out & when the wind came up it felt nasty!

Had the camera down from 2-5PM & never saw a predator fish. Even dropped down a waxie to try to get a perch or sunnie to bite - what's the world coming to when you can't even interest a perch in your lure? Tough fishing for me, too.

It all may have something to do with dissolved oxygen levels. According to what I've read, Parley has suffered winterkill in the past. I would imagine that this year, alot of fish in the shallower lakes are just plain shut down. I'm alittle bummed out, because most of the lakes I like to ice fish are shallow. I don't want to waste my time trying to get a fish to bite that is basically in a coma.

It's a few miles west of Victoria. This used to be a great place to fish, but I agree that the oxygen level is probably low. Combine that with the fact that it has been pounded by anglers over the past couple of years and this is what you get on a smaller metro lake.