• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wayzata Walleye Bite?????

pipesmoker

I'm heading out tonight about midnight and stay until the sun comes. Anyone having any success????

Steve

Well, I went out last night. Overslept a little and got set up around 3:00. Caught a fat 20 incher about 4:00. A couple sniffed but only caught the one. 35 feet on a fathead while jigging a pimple at the other hole. Will be out tonight.

Steve

Went out to the same place tonight and caught a 22 incher. Will try the morning bite again. Any other reports????

Steve

I have heard 30 feet over rocks late at night (after 10 or 11) is working well. What depth are you in? I may head out tomorrow night.

GE

was out yesterday in 18 fow right on an inside turn on the weedline. graphed fish, and had a few come up for a sniff, but no takers...couldn't even get the perch to bite. some friends were in 22 fow only 20 yards from our house and caught 1 small eye.

Tried an inside turn on Brown's Friday evening, jigging in 19ft tip up in 28ft. No luck. Tried a midlake hump with rocks Sunday evening, jigging 35 ft, tip up in 44ft to start and moved to 32 ft. No luck. I saw a few 'eyes with the camera but no takers.

good to know its not just me struggling, had a good day on super bowl sunday but since then its been slow. Haved moved the permanent about 4 times. Rocks depth 22 feet, then the transition out in 36 feet off the pile. Then weed edge in 18 then outside the edge in 20 feet. Every time i talk the guys at wayzata they make it sound like everyone is killing them except me

I agree, the ice season seemed to start off better than usual for me, but I've been defeated by the 'eyes at least the last 4 times out. Only one weekend left to redeem ourselves.

I'll be there on saturday, plan on staying late. Hopefully I'll end the season on a good note. Have only fished minnetonka once (last month) and was after panfish, so I'll definitely be exploring lot's of area. Hopefully the walleye's will make my adventure ALOT easier. ;\)

Sunday/Monday: 24 FOW, One 14", one 10" and one 18" walleye, all around 7-10. Perch during the day.

Spent the night last night in 24' and nothing. Not even a bite. Will be moving to 30ish today to try to end on a positive trend.

Wife is going out of town back home to ohio with my son this weekend so I will be out all fri night /sat/sun in 3 days/nights hoping to find the eyes somewhere and when i do they will pay a heavy price for dodging me the past couple weeks. If their the right size they might even pay with their lives.

Really cold windy nights with lots of cracking haven't done anything for me so far this year. I think I might be inside until Friday.

Edit: The 'eyes I posted about earlier were caught before the wind came in, \:\)

I've been sucking it up on the walters for a month now. My tried and true spot has been pounded and nada going on there. Still has perch though, but once dusk hit, not even a blip for an hour. I left after that.

Those Wayzata bait guys always find them.

So what's the general consensus for the lack of bite..roller coaster weather patterns? time of year? bumper crop of baitfish? They gotta be hanging out somewhere.

was out two nights ago and caught a 8 inch eye and the rest i have caught this past month are all in the 8-13 inch range. What depth did you catch that 25 incher in.

Originally Posted By: anchor man
So what's the general consensus for the lack of bite..roller coaster weather patterns? time of year? bumper crop of baitfish? They gotta be hanging out somewhere.

I think it's time of year or they are just in patterns that I can't figure out, but hey I'm a bass guy. Rumor has it deep, but I was skunked in 28 feet and had perch all around so I thought it would be the ticket - not. Still have this weekend to try.

I was gonna put a tip up out deep (25 to 35 ft) for walleyes, in that depth are they generally hugging the bottom or would I be better off letting the bait sit 2 or 3 ft up?

Originally Posted By: EPwalleyehunter
was out two nights ago and caught a 8 inch eye and the rest i have caught this past month are all in the 8-13 inch range. What depth did you catch that 25 incher in.

fishing at about 35 to 40 ft of water

Originally Posted By: JBMasterAngler
I was gonna put a tip up out deep (25 to 35 ft) for walleyes, in that depth are they generally hugging the bottom or would I be better off letting the bait sit 2 or 3 ft up?

The ones I've seen on my camera have all been hugging the bottom

We started the year fishing Diamond reef,moved to a bay west of cnty rd 19 two weeks ago.The reason for the move,way to much presure an cigar sized eyes.Ever since the move two plus eyes a night and nothing smaller than 15".

moved our house yesterday from 28 feet to 44 feet on one side and 52 feet on the other and we slammed all night 19 inches up to 27 inch could not believe it caught 23 walleyes from yesterday at 330 pm to 10:00 at night all released

look deep!!!

Originally Posted By: bigfishy
moved our house yesterday from 28 feet to 44 feet on one side and 52 feet on the other and we slammed all night 19 inches up to 27 inch could not believe it caught 23 walleyes from yesterday at 330 pm to 10:00 at night all released

look deep!!!

Holy chit!