Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassphish2005

Cloverdale area

8 posts in this topic

Heading up there next weekend with some energized kids on an ice fishing quest,has anybody been fishing the lakes in the area this winter [Grace/Rock/Cross ect] Mainly looking for some pannies and a tip up flag or two, just too keep the young ones interested.Any problems with ice or access?,got four wheel drive and a power auger so we hope to hit them on Sat/Sun.

Your kinda in no mans land there. I dont see many posts around that area. But if ya wanted go go north in nemadj Try pickeral lake east of holyoak I think its gavert camp ground.Always sunnies to keep kids real busy.I always wanted to fish rock,but when I get that close to the river it kinda wins out.

Wow...well any info on Cross lk. in Pine City? anyone?

I know some spots on Pokegama for crappie but they would be hit or miss,for young kids I was thinking you wanted a for sure thing

GOOD LUCK and good luck gettin a reply here.

Havent fished it but heard crappies were hittin with some size.Grace lake east of Cloverdale,plus its always good for a flag or two.I guess U would just look at da tracks and follow

thanx people for the tips:

I also never fish the lakes in the area....those darn rivers have me mesmurized.....

St Croix

Kettle

Guess I am a river rat at heart.

good luck is all i have to say, good luck

Ended up on Tamarac,lots of little pike,but the kids had fun running for the flags....kept them interested.Funning thing is I didnt catch any panfish,although the lake has a large bluegill population?Guess I will need to give it another try.