• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best "As seen on TV" purchase

setterguy

Question

My son (4) put a pretty nice scratch in my new truck about a month ago and then yesterday I saw one of those infomercialls for a the scratch remover. It looks great on TV but who knows if it really works?

What have you bought from TV, was it worth it, what have you always wanted to try?

I did buy some Miracle blades a few years ago and while the quality of the handles isn't the best, I do have to say that they are still as sharp as the day they arrived. We do have to hand wash them to not get pitting in the "stainless" steel. I feel for a 40 dollar set they have held up great.

That mighty putty looks awful tempting.

23 answers to this question

That putty not the same TV brand is available, I got a stick at Wal... it works under water & gas tank.

I have the Miracle blade set also. I've cut frozen bulk breakfast sausage with them, and they stand up to the abuse.

I bought a 'Vidalia Chop Wizard'. Makes short work of Chili and soup/stew ingredients. Waiting for them to go on sale again at Walgreens, to get another for the cabin. Dices 3 big onions down to 1/4" cubes in less than 4 minutes and it's pretty easy clean- up. They're more durable than they look. For an 'as seen on TV' product, this one wasn't a disappointment. Phred52

I got one of those "Magic Bullet" blenders for Christmas. (Give me something with the name "Bullet" in it and it will probably go over well grin.gif)

It's really not much more than a Smootie machine, but we all have a Smootie every morning for breakfast. Frozen fruit, fat free plain yogurt, fruit juice and flax seed.

Works great for that. Delicious and healthy.

We got the Ronco Rotisserrie a couple years ago. It's pretty good with a whole chicken but I haven't had one turn out as tasty as what you can get at the store but I haven't mastered getting the right coating or marinade either.

I once picked up a clarence "color match" wax thing but it was a piece. And I'm pretty sure I can get the same results with Borax as with Oxi-Billy Mays.

The drill doctor is an awesome piece of equipment. All 60 of my bits in the index were shot and I spent an afternoon sharpening them. They are all like razor sharp now and it is nice to just sharpen a bit instead of having to go buy a new one.

Oxy clean was a joke. The stuff never even mixed well with water and the product was a joke.

I've never bought anything from TV, but have a few of the products. Magic Bullet is great for chopping onions, if you like onion paste. Swivel Sweeper, Joke. The only thing that I have gotten that I liked was the scunci steamer. It works great for cleaning off the grill and doing floors.

Metrinch.

I have two boxes of Craftsman tools with some Snap-On mixed in but I rarely go into it anymore except for out of the ordinary stuff. I just grab the Metrinch box and go to it.

My first experience was completely stripping down a car for racing and that is ALL we used. Haven't broke anything yet either.

It works better than a Popeil Pocket Fisherman!

Not the Flying Lure or the Banjo Minnow!! Haha. I caught a few fish on the Flying Lure, and swimbaits were everywhere after Banjo came out, but I was very young during both purchases.

I bought the flying lure from a bait store, after you could get them on the shelf. Never had any luck with it. Still have them.

Easy Answer...THE FLOWBEE! Best $50 I ever spent. I haven't paid for a haircut in 10 years and lest face it, a guy with short hair is not dificult and not worth $15...

Originally Posted By: lawdog
Easy Answer...THE FLOWBEE! Best $50 I ever spent. I haven't paid for a haircut in 10 years and lest face it, a guy with short hair is not dificult and not worth $15...

Ha!!! Back in the 90's when I was playing in a rock band we would be up late and prank call the flowbee people. I would as if they had an extension for half way down my back.

Can you still get them though? Now that I have the short hair, I would be interested.

They are still available Sandmannd. And you would be surprised how long the extensions they do have are, i'm not sure how, but apparently you can cut some pretty long hair with it. Personally I use no extension and then one little one on top and a angled thing to blend it...

purchased the fling lure it was a joke. Love my set of ginsu knives though. Down to the last steak knife my mom bought them about 15 years ago...still the sharpest knife in the drawer!

I knew those would come up sooner or later.

Lawdog - You use a flowbee? That thing scares me a little. grin.gif

Bit of a sceptic about buying "As seen on TV" products, but one purchase that I absolutely love is my "Little Giant" ladder.

Awesome ladder and yes it is a bit more up front......but I do whole heartedly agree that it will be the last ladder purchase I ever will need to buy. It's a little heavier than some, but it's built to take a beating.

Originally Posted By: lawdog

Having never heard of a flowbee, I had to do a little search. My question for you Lawdog, do you have the super mini-vac flowbee or just your standard, run of the mill flowbee? \:D