Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
The Ice Angler

Prescott

The Ice Angler

I am thinking about heading out there today. I will be leaving by about noon. so if anyone can give me some tips and pointers and what to expect that would really helpm e out.

matt

The Ice Angler

It was a dead sea today. not a thing!

Dale Rueber

I was out at Prescott and around 8 AM I lost 2 fish and had several followers. In the afternoon I had 1 fish follow up about 3 feet, no other bites or fish marked. I will be back out there on Sunday morning.

Turk

Say guys how many vehicles have been down there lately? Are anglers consistantly hitting that area, or has it been quite?

Turk

muddpuppy

I live in prescott and have only made it out a couple of times this year but was slow everytime I have been out. but on the daily drive by there seems to always be 10 15 vehicles out there

icefisher4ever

MuddPuppy where in Prescott do you live??? I live in Prescott and i live about 3-4 miles out in oakgrove heights, or past johnsons construction and fish the river but it has been really slow for me too

WolfpackFishNGuy

Ok I was down in the Prescott area on Monday and I marked some fish but didn't catch anything but had a few bites. My son said he saw a walleye swim through his hole when testing his jiggin action. This seemed bizarre to me since it was just under the ice? Do walleyes do that or did he see some other type of fish.

What I'm wondering is if the Prescott area is mainly a walleye spot or is there crappies in the area as well.

Another question I have is most of my ice fishing is for panfish and I try to keep moving around to find them. I'm new to the river and ice fishing for walleyes and I was wondering if I should keep moving around or stay in one area? If to stay how long should I wait it out before considering moving?

I don't have a wheeler or snowmobile so I was wondering how far up the river does it make sense going up driving a full size truck to just get away from the community holes? Or am I better off walking?

The Ice Angler

I was there this evening. 2 small saugars and a monster mud puppy!!! yuck!!!

AuggieDawg11

Haha, I have been catching 1-2 mud puppies a day. Caught one last night that was over 12 inches.

muddpuppy

Icefisher I live just behind the Fireworks buildings I was out from 7am to 7pm Sunday Fished in about 8 spots and caught nothing a big goose egg. I did see some other catch some nice fish though. I did see a guy fishing under the prescott bridge in a boat I wonder how he did? Was a wonderful day on the river I had a 3 pack of yotes come within about 20 yrds checking out the bait around my tipups. that was cool. anyone else have any luck this weekend?

icefisher4ever

WOW i cannot belive the guys fishing that close to the open water. ARE THEY NUTS????? the fishing cannot be that good to fish right there

jigginjim

Which boat ramp would the guy be using?

muddpuppy

I would guess the Prescott ramp over by the Condos either that or the guy lives on the river