• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been fishing Tetonka lately. How is it getting around? Can 4wd truck get around? Fishing report would be nice too!!

Called a friend who has been fishing there and catching crappies. He said to concentrate on the lower suspended fish. He claims the upper suspended would not bite

Try down west of Best Point, north of the bar, in 22 to 28 ft. If you keep jiging the one that want to bite will raise off the bottom, keep pulling away from them. Sometimes you will have to sort though them, then other times they will be all nice fish. Good luck

Thanks for the info. Thats approx where we actually went. A friend caught a 16-17" striper. Could see them on the locator but didn't have any takers.

hawkeye - I'll be stompin' on your grounds on Friday in hopes of finding some 'eyes before she closes. I'll keep my eye out for ya if you're around. \:\)

If you know what my house looks like, stop in. Starting thursday night to the 24, moving quick and offen, run and gun. I might have to get a new auger before it done.

Not sure what your fish house looks like, but if you still have the same truck as when you, TO and myself did some perch fishing last year, I might recognize ya. ;\)

Same truck, a little whiter with all the road salt. Lets just say I think this weekend is going to be sweet. So much to do, so little time. I may have to go to work Monday to rest

So I should be keeping my eye out for a John Deer on the ice or something? \:\)

Just one last question for ya Ken. Can't remember if I asked this before or not, but how's the ice across the whole lake from west to east? Any trouble spots/areas I should be aware of (besides right up on Willow)? Dangerous over by the river inlet?

Thanks!

Well, I didn't see Ken or anyone I knew out on the lake Friday, but trying to find the 'eyes was a bust. One small slimer and one jumbo, but that was it. Focused hard on inside turns, the tips of points; steep drops, deep basin and shallow water flats, but nada.

Guess I'll have to wait for the opener now. From what I've heard, I maybe should have tried a different lake too.

I think it was just slow - at least where I was. Caught nice fish on Monday when it was cold and windy. Go back to the same spot - tons of fish on the camera on Sat - nothing wanted to bite.

There's another lake where somce nice 'eyes have been caught, espcially at night. But I stuck to my original plan and hit Tetonka. Kind of suprised there weren't that many houses out there. Lots of un-tapped water on Tetonka I'm sure.

And oh by the way....I'd highly doubt that any FM'ers here would do this, so don't think this is directed at any one of you. But to the people that leave garbage on the lake, please refrain from doing so and clean up after yourselves. I picked up countless cans, plastic bottles, cracker boxes, cookie bags, cigarette buts and the like. Just simply bring an empty plastic bag from Walmart or something and put the garbage in there when you're done with it. No need to stomp it into the snow or ice as was the case with much of the garbage I found.

Thanks.

It was fun. Nothing big, 15" to 18" more during the day, few at night. Just a few dinks. All in all I was smiling, but that might have been from the Captain. Still can't understand why people have to drive between houses that are 30' apart with pickup parted between them and nobody on the outsides of them. mad.gif

Settin' sail.

You better check your inventory and get stocked up for next week. Nervous?

I think T.O. has his lap top on 100 % of the time, even when he is in bed.I think I have seen posts on here when I knew he was on a lake. Grin