Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surface Tension

Kiwanis Fishing Contest

31 posts in this topic

Feb 23rd Fish Lake Noon-3PM

Tickets available at area bait shops.

More to come later..

I'm looking for 8 volunteers to make up a drill team.

Email me if you can help out and for details.

Frank thanks for posting this we do need some help to Drill holes and the team has been there in the past I hope the FM crew can help out again this year. Hope see you all there we have frank and I on the team let us now if you can help. Thank you for your help here guy's and girls.

I enjoyed doing it last year and would like to again. Count me in.

Frank,

I posted eailer that I'm planning to drill holes for this event. I can get at least one more person to help if needed.

I will also e-mail you to get no the list.

90% of the former drill team will be at the Wi. Cheesehead gathering this weekend. Maybe a bit more notice next year? I called about this weeks ago but nobody got back to me. Hopefully you guys can find half a dozen guys to help out.

Do they get a free entry ticket again this year? Im sure you will have no problems finding willing FMers.

To all FMers who fish this year you have HUGE shoes to fill. This event was won by FMers 2 years running. 2 years ago Poutslayer won 1st place and a new trailer. Last year BD110 won 1st place. What FMer will carry on the tradition this year?

Have fun and stay warm.

Any word on if Houses will be allowed this year?

Frank, count me in. Sounds like a good time. Let me know when and where. I sent you a email also.

Thanks guys, I'll send out an email with the details.

Frank I will be happy to help also. let me know if you need help with anything. I will keep watching the site. later Jack

Frank, I will do it again IF you have an extra spot open. I'll have to head straight to work and wont be able to fish, but I will give my assistance if needed. Nate

Any word on the use of houses? Weather is supposed to be nice but ya never know. I guess what I will tel people is to bring your house and use it if they let you. If not no big deal.

As of right now, I should be available to assist as well. Just let me know when, where and what to bring. It will be my first, so a bit ignorant.

Well guy's we will meat at the Eagle Nest Bar near the bridge on the lavaque road for breakfast at 8-am saturday Feb, 23. Then we will head out to the lake and drill holes where Mr. Tom Jubie would like them and he will get every one that helps out one free entry at Eagles nest Bar.

Drill Team

1) Skippers kid

2) Surface Tension

3) Moderation

4) BD110

5) BD110 Daughter Stacey

6) Kettlekid

7) Northernnels

8) Shiner 2367

9) Hayseed

Well it would be great to hit 10 people but if not that is ok if every one listed can make it great. Please let me know if you would like to help or I missed your name and I made a mistake sorry. Well we will keep you posted.

Thank you all again this year.

I might be able to help. Let me check my schedule and i will get back later tonight or tomorrow.

8 AM-Eagles Nest. Got it. See you there.

Thanks for the update Tom See See everyone saturday. Jack

Thanks for updating the list Tom.

Houses aren't allowed but in the past if temps were under 20 degrees then they would be allowed. Saturdays forecast is upper 20's so plan on fishing without shelter. If there is a change then I'll post it.

Can a guy buy 2 tickets and fish 2 lines?? also would be good on both tickets for any drawing that would happen?

the Big Jig only allowed you to win 1 prize even if you had 2 tickets..

just curious..

hunterlaker, Yes you can buy two tickets and win once on each ticket you have to look at bill poutslayer took first and then won the trailer on a drawing a few years ago. So yes and yes two you question.

Thanks! I will get them at the at the minno-ette today..

Look for Piedmontangler and our crew..You cant miss us look for the flags flying!

should be a 6-8 of us as usual

Well the weather still looks good and I hope the fish are hungry as well. Should be a fun time so bring the kids out for a fun event and call some friends for a good time. This is a great event so we will see you there and drill team see ya at 8-am thank you all again.

Good luck and have fun guys. Lets get the 3rd FMer in a row to win this one eh.

Is there a designated ‘roped off’ area to fish in for this contest? What would be the best access on Fish Lake to use for this contest? As you can tell by my questions it has been years since I have been on Fish Lake but if it stays nice, I may bring the kids up.

Thank you

There will be an area coned off. Hi-Banks resort will be the closest access.

Drill Team: We'll see you at Eagles Nest 8AM for breakfast.

See you there.

How did everyone do? More importantly did I win anything grin.gif