Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
maddowg1192000

DU tourny

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

So anyone else thinking about fishing the DU touney next weekend?

polarsusd81    0
polarsusd81

My dad and uncle will be there. They are both long time supporters of DU. I will be playing host to a get together to bring a bunch of kids out in the Chisago area. If I remember correctly, the Perch Extravaganza on the east side is the same day too.

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

it sure is, i want to do both but i have DU tickets so i am going to that. can't wait to take my new truck home

goggy eyes    0
goggy eyes

Me and you gonna have a shoot out for that truck. Winning fish = 5.66 pound eelpout. I'm thawing out a rotten sucker minnow right now. They'll smell it from 7 mile.

TurnUpTheFishing    5
TurnUpTheFishing

I usually hit hunter's, and liberty beach's contest. My dad wants to try the DU contest. How is the DU contest run? Does it have boundaries? What fish are legal to weigh in? How much does it cost. Thanks for any info.

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

has boundries, I think any legal game fish can be registered. the price is $30 if you order by today $40 after today. All the rules and prizes can be found on the website fishingforducks.org

OH and that 5.66lb pout is a nice pout it should be just big enuff for 11th place a “Sharing the Habitat” bronze sculpture

goggy eyes    0
goggy eyes

I'll be happy to catch a 6" perch.

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

last year our group of 5 took 2 prizes but i think this year might be harder

Cody Lubeley    0
Cody Lubeley

What are the big door prizes for the DU Contest?

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

not sure what the drawing will be but the big prizes for fish are 1st CHEVY 4X4 Extended Cab Truck

50th Polaris 700 ATV

75th Ice Castle 14-foot fish house

the a bunch of guns and other equipment for the others

Cody Lubeley    0
Cody Lubeley

wow sound like theres a lotta good prizes

Jakesbuds    0
Jakesbuds

Will they be selling tickets the day of the tourney on the ice? I visited the website, but it's not real clear on that. I assume you'd be able to, it just states that after Feb. 17th 11:59 pm the tickets will be $40 per person, instead of $30 but I couldnt find anything about getting the tickets the day of the tourney? Thanks in Advance!

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

Last year you were able to pick them up the day of the tourny on ice and at Tutt's. One of my friends bought his that way last year.

Jakesbuds    0
Jakesbuds

Originally Posted By: maddowg1192000
Last year you were able to pick them up the day of the tourny on ice and at Tutt's. One of my friends bought his that way last year.

Thank you Sir!

Fish to Win    0
Fish to Win

Does anyone know what the area depths will at this year?? What should I target in that area Eye-perch-Pike.

What won it last year??

Thanks and good luck to those attending, this will be my first year all look forward to it-----

landscaper    0
landscaper

wheres the best place to fish...1st timer on this tourny.......Can we get tickets on the Ice?? how about at the Green Latern on 18 there

maddowg1192000    0
maddowg1192000

So did anyone make it out to the contest today? It was an awesome day to be on the lake, no wind and clear skies. Alot of big perch were caught considering 75th place was a .8something perch. I ended up with 28 with a .97 perch and got a DU collectible decoy. I saw alot of people just keeping fish because there were so many big ones being caught.

Big Daddy 37    0
Big Daddy 37

Didn't catch a thing but had a blast....

First, I won two tickets on the radio, so I took my 15 year old for his birthday.

We bought $20 worth of raffle tickets (5 chances out of at least 10,000 tickets) and I'll be darned if he didn't win two prizes (what are the odds of that?!!?!?!)

He won a 12 guage auto and also a 24 hour fish house rental at McQuoid's.

Pretty awesome birthday to say the least.

One of those "awesome to be a dad" days.

Big thank you to everyone involved with the tourney and an extra thanks to Reed's Sporting goods and McQuoides for the raffle prizes.

Tim

Dozer    0
Dozer

My 1.10 lb perch was good for 11th place and a DU bronze sculpture! \:D Too bad it wasnt 12th place which was a Beretta auto shotgun. sick.gif

landscaper    0
landscaper

as you were comin off the lake by the main exit....offf to your right there was a red car trailer 5th wheel well used to be car hauler(enclosed TRailer) was that a fish house does anybody know....sure looked like it but i was wondering if anybody knows anything about it?

jltimm    0
jltimm

Wooohooo! You won a sculpture! Man that had to burn a little bit to not get that Beretta!

hugonian1    0
hugonian1

This sounds like a nice contest. I may have to check it out next year. Where is it held out of? What structure are they set up on and is the area big enough where everyone can spread out? The info is appreciated.

Big Daddy 37    0
Big Daddy 37

The main access was in front of the Blue Goose on Garrison Bay.

Contest area was very large. I would guess 1 1/2 mile circle around the perimeter.

Cars/trucks were allowed to park out on the ice all around the perimeter, so the walk was minimal comaired to many larger events.

Holes were pre-drilled about every 15 feet, and there were PLENTY of them. Most fished the outer edges of the boundaries, so there was a ton of holes available in the middle areas.

Even if we had not won any prizes, I would recommend this event to anyone.

Again, thanks to everyone involved with this event.

Tim

Brainerd

Dozer    0
Dozer

Ya I wish that perch would have been .025lbs smaller and I would hve taken home a beretta shotgun! mad.gif

landscaper    0
landscaper

how many fish where caught?

How many people where out there??