Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
dakotakid31

snowmobile trailer lights

dakotakid31

what would cause all(running and tail) the lights to blink when i turn on the turn signals? they all work fine when i turn the lights on but all blink when the R or L turn signals are turned on. took the ground off to see what happens-nothing so put that back on. tried a new plug into the truck-again no change. which wire is crossing to cause this or is it something i am missing?

Jeremy airjer W

Sounds like you have a bad ground. Try running a wire from the trailer ground to a know good ground on the truck. If the problem corrects itself then we know we are on the right track.

dakotakid31

OK...i took jumper cables and hooked it to the frame and the Grd wire- same results. moved it to a few different spots natta. could the trailer plug be bad?

Sandmannd

Could be the plug, but also the adaptor. Do you use an adapter into the truck, that has gone out on me a couple of times.

dakotakid31

yeah i have two so i did try that.was hoping it was that but it wasnt. dangit

Jeremy airjer W

If you have a test light you can easily determine if the truck side is good, which I suspect. Hook the clip end to the ground (male terminal)of the truck side connector. With the lights on probe the remaining three terminals. If the test light lights up then you know the truck side ground is good.

Now you can focus on the ground for the trailer. I'm betting that somewhere along the ground wire there is a break.

Macgyver55

Its definitely a ground problem. On any trailer, make sure the ground (white) at the connector is attached to the tongue and clean. If it is a tilt trailer, check to see if there is a ground wire from the tongue to the bed (where it tilts) Some times they corrode, or break off. The lights will still work as long as there is a good connection through the bolt, but if that gets a bit dirty the lights will act just as yours are.

sparkyaber

99.9% of the time it is the ground. I have started drilling and tapping 1/4-20 bolts with crimped and soldered ends, also a layer of paint to reduce corrosion.

ishgood

Is it a sledbed?

I had some weird stuff like that happening to mine and it turned out to be the tail light connections.

From the factory, the connectors on the back of the tail lights were just not plugged in all the way. If you have the sealed beam type tail lights, they just mount in a rubber grommet. Take a screwdriver, pop em out, check the conntectors.

The other thing that can happen is filaments break and get crossed, cause weird feedbacks that look like a bad ground. Unplug one tail light, see if it makes the other one work correctly.

dakotakid31

As soon as i get a chance i will be trying some of the ideas. Already replaced the plug and sanded dowm where the ground wire connected-natta again. Its a Karavan Ultra but for the heck of it i will check that out.

hanson

Alot of trailers ground through the trailer frame.

With your tail lights, there will be 3 wires coming out of them, the white is typically ground. Most often the ground will be grounded right at the tail light to the frame, typically at the mounting bolt connections. The ground then follows through the frame to the white "ground" wire that connects to your pigtail connection. The truck/trailer connection than grounds it to the truck.

So if you are grounding at one end of the trailer into the frame, check the lights and make sure they are grounded well to the frame. Little bit of rust will cause your problem.

A not so easy fix to eliminate all grounding issues is to run ground wires back from the truck/trailer connection to the all the lights and bypass grounding through the frame. This will eliminate a lot of problems.

I'm 100% positive your problem is with the ground. Check the pigtail to frame ground. Check the light(s) to frame ground. And check everywhere in between to make sure positive contact is being made. The simple way to avoid all grounding problems is to run new ground wires from the pigtail to the taillights, and any other lights you wish to fix as well.