• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has any one been out there for sunnies lately cause i am heading out there tomorrow and was wondering where to go for some decent sunny action on the west side thanks

I don't know about sunnies, but I have had some good action on jumbos out there. Get locked on a school and you can weed out some nice ones. Most are out there for the walleyes, but I am a panfish guy at heart.

I was on west rush last saturday morning. we fished sunnies in three spots and they were small. The crappies were active but small. The perch though showed promise in size. They were hugging the bottom and with the FL-20 I was able to pick em off in 35 feet out on the south side of Cigar island.

If I wanted a walleye on Rush, where is my best choice.? anyone help with that.?

For large gills on Rush, I look for shallow bays. If I dont hit green weeds with the auger, I move on. This has done well for me this year in several different spots.

For Walleye I definately get away from the crowd. Find a breakline with some hard bottom and give it a try a dusk. Last time out I didnt see any old holes drilled where I was, no one else within 500 yards and I caught 10. On the small side but I kept 2 for a meal.

I was out there today for the crappies and did just fine. Lots of fish at first light, and enough decent ones to give me a little meal (a couple of 10"s). One jumbo in the mix.

I was targeting crappies this morning on West, but lately I have been able to hit the perch on East Rush right off of the points in about 15-18 FOW. Find all the walleye guys leaving from the the morning bite and set up shop. The perch have been actively biting from around 8am-11am, and then becoming intermittent.

In my opinion the perch on West have been getting largely ignored, and if you are good at picking the jumbos from the large schools you will look like a pro.

i was out there today and got a jumbo perch and about 10 samll ones and about 20 crappies and one was about 13"

BDR what side of rush do you have the best luck on for eyes?

Evinrude-

Mostly I stick to the East lake for eyes. Mostly because I find it easier to get out of the crowd and not have a circus surround me.

If you got 10 small eyes I would work that general area harder. I would predrill many, many holes at a wide range in depth. Right at primetime I dont fish a hole more than 30 seconds if I dont see fish on my electronics. Always moving.

Generally I will be all set up in an area by 3:30. I will work deeper water at the beginning and move shallower as the sun goes down. It is not uncommon for me to catch eyes in 5-6' right at dusk.

Maybe we could hook up sometime, as we must be relatively close nieghbors.

yah cause i am in brooklyn park and i have a place on rush so that is my home lake i go there every saturday and i catch walleyes all the time in the summer but have never got one on rush for 3 years and i have tried for them 5 times in a row the last outings and got nothing exept perch i will try east next weekend

Haven't ever tried for sunnies in the winter there but I know it holds some nice ones. Possibly off the boat launch or towards the north on the west side

how are the crappies on east? My buddies grandparents live on west so we do most out fishing out there mainly because thats all his grandpa ever fishes and he usually has a good idea on where to fish and still be away from the crowds. Does anybody know why west gets hit so much harder then east? Im headed out there tonight and tomorrow night and am thinking about fishing east at least one night. where should i head? Any thoughts would help a lot.

i think wes gets hit more because it has more structure than east and it has more deeper holes in it

I am planning on taking my wife out tomorrow. Is there a bait shop in Rush City or should I get my bait before I get there? Any help would be greatly appreciated \:\)

There is a very good bait shop right at the Harris exit off of 35E. I would suggest stopping there.

Right up the road from the West Rush access, is Rush Point Store.

Bait tackle snacks etc.

Keith

ok i am starting to get interested in fishin this lake...i live about an hour away and my grandparents used to have a cabin on it. well i was out there once this summer and by looking at the map on the dnr website i see some islands on the east side.. but none on the west, which is where the boat launch is and i thought cigar island was there.

Originally Posted By: Burnham
ok i am starting to get interested in fishin this lake...i live about an hour away and my grandparents used to have a cabin on it. well i was out there once this summer and by looking at the map on the dnr website i see some islands on the east side.. but none on the west, which is where the boat launch is and i thought cigar island was there.

LOL turn the map around! The big N goes to the top!!!!

(just yankin yer chain)

There is an access on both lakes, and yes, Cigar is out and to the left of the West Rush access. The East lake is the one with very little structure, and no islands.

Keith

Originally Posted By: Bandersnatch

LOL turn the map around! The big N goes to the top!!!!

(just yankin yer chain)

There is an access on both lakes, and yes, Cigar is out and to the left of the West Rush access. The East lake is the one with very little structure, and no islands.

Keith

I was going to say the same thing. There is a lot of structure on the west lake, and very little on the east lake. The people I know that fish it often, have done better with perch and eyes on east and crappies and pike on west. Now this is not to say you can't find them flip flopped, but that is what I have seen and heard from the lake this winter. My avatar just might be from one of the two lakes. \:\)

If you know the lake well enough, you should be able to tell me GPS coordinates of the spot I was sitting on. That eye came 10 feet off the bottom to hammer a glow red forage fry jig tipped with plastic. She was interested in the Chubby Darter, but wouldn't commit, so I ripped that out of the hole and dropped in the sneak attack and before if even made it down the hole, the line went limp right after I watched a big red mark climb up as the jig came down. Just nailed it.

Did you get your license the other day? I saw you post something about going to take your test. Come on out to South Center with us this weekend. Lots of FMers will be out and we will be chasin some fish.

yea i got my license...just picked up my fishin license too. i will see if i can make it out there, if i go 8point will too. by any means if i can go i will! thanks

Originally Posted By: Burnham
hahahaha i feel very stupid...well i AM a teenager lol grin.gif

Don't bother with the stupids! We ALL do krap like that LOL!

Nice to see someone around, with a sense of humor!

Keep it up kiddo!

Keith

How has rush been shaping up lately, i know the last time i was out there we did good on the crappies, that was about 4 weeks ago now. I wouldn't mind trying it out again soon, but i will have to wait until friday when my new lazer mag shows up..