• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where on Winnie?

Howdy all... just wanted to see if anything has been happening on Winnie lately.... Looking to do some hardcore fishing this weekend with the wife out of town...

Where's the action been? Which resort should I head out of? I guess what't been the best depth? bait? etc..?? Looking for perch or eyes....

I have a trip there starting next week. We always go out of Nodak on the south side --- they have good roads, maps and advice. HighBanks on the NE side also has a good reputation. Good luck on your trip.

Either resort will do you good. This past Wed. BD110 and I went out of Nodaks and fished north of Center Bar. It was slow, but we kept 7 nice perch 9.5" to 11", threw back 6-7 small perch. The perch didn't turn on till about 1 1/2 hrs before dark, and 1 small gator. We tried deep 30' during the day w/ no results and on top of the hump towards evening and caught our fish then, about 23' of water. I was suprised the 'eyes didn't show up in the evening on the hump we were on. Nodaks roads were out to Moses bars, then up to Center Island Hump and ending in the area of Ravens. Off road travel is OK w/ a truck as long as you keep away from the bigger drifts.

Brian

Would you recommend bringing a sled with for travel? Also, do the resorts let you park and then take sleds out?

You'd think I would know all of this for how close I live to Winnie....

I think a sled would give you alot more options w/o the worry of getting stuck w/ your vehicle. If you're going the sled route, I would use one of the public access's to avoid the access fee at the resorts. But on the other hand it's nice to go through a resort and get up to the date info. too.

Brian