Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Crappiewanter

Rush Lake

Crappiewanter    0
Crappiewanter

I am thinking of heading up to Rush there on monday. I have never fished it before, was just wondering if any any anyone might be so kind as to help me out with a starting point. East or west? I have heard of people doing good earlier in year but nothing latley, courious if anyone could tell me a location of access, heard of landing by CJ's bar? Any help would be great thanks!!

polarsusd81    0
polarsusd81

Check out the east central forums, there is plenty of info on there for Rush Lake. There are accesses at the north ends of both lakes, if you check the DNR site, go to lake finder and type in Rush in Chisago county, and it will let you look at the maps. They show you were the accesses are. The landing at CJ's is closed, as is the bar, a very sad situation behind that. Have fun.

Crappiewanter    0
Crappiewanter

Thanks for the info.

evinrude19    0
evinrude19

yeah i have heard it has been slow and i havent got anything good there lately either

bassphish2005    0
bassphish2005

What happened with CJ'S on Rush?

evinrude19    0
evinrude19

it closed down last year and it is gonna be condos now in that area

bassphish2005    0
bassphish2005

Condos!!!!!!!!!! geez if that don't beat all.

evinrude19    0
evinrude19

since cj's closed the west access has been like [PoorWordUsage] to find a spot before you could drive out there

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Wanderer
      I've massaged the trigger finger this summer by shooting the sporting clays league at Rice Creek.  Good way to make sure I got out! Started a little rough as to be expected but got back the groove toward the end.  Finished the summer at a charity shoot with 39/40.  That felt good. 
    • mrpike1973
      Same here saw on another site I will be taking off work and letting them know my opinion.
    • Rick
      Through a federal grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources’ has awarded more than $450,000 in local grants to protect and enhance inland coastal resources. The annual grant program is managed by the Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program, which is a voluntary federal-state partnership distributing federal dollars to projects along the inland coast of Lake Superior. This year, grant funding is being awarded to nine projects in the coastal area: Researchers at the University of Minnesota will monitor and analyze measures designed to reduce erosion of bluffs adjacent to North Shore streams. Results will inform guidance on design criteria for future projects. $35,900. The Arrowhead Regional Development Commission will conduct an economic impact assessment of paved trails within the coastal area; determine the number of users of four popular trails (Duluth Lakewalk, Willard Munger State Trail, Gitchi-Gami State Trail, and St. Louis River Trail), and simultaneously conduct large-scale survey of trail-user habits and impacts on coastal economy. $11,500. Laurentian Resource Conservation and Development is planning to host a two-day conference for academia and coastal managers to bridge a gap between research results and practices of watershed assessment, protection and stream restoration. $23,000. Researchers at the University of Minnesota will increase scientific understanding of success rates of coastal forest seeds. Results will inform coastal managers for improved adaptive management and help determination whether coastal trees should be protected and treated as a unique seed collection zone. $98,875. Duluth Children’s Museum in collaboration with Positive Energy Outdoors will create a year round, innovative outdoor science, technology, engineering, and math active learning experience for children, particularly those in low-income households with limited access. $33,100. University of Minnesota Duluth – Natural Resources Research Institute and several partners will develop protocols for assessing the biomass of periphyton (algae attached to rocks) in Duluth area trout streams for use by professional aquatic and citizen scientists. $77,440. City of Duluth will improve public safety and access to the St. Louis River estuary through upgraded wayfinding signage and amenities on the Western Waterfront Trail.  $89,080. Lake County will develop engineering designs and construct trailhead for Lake County Mountain Bike Trail System, a planned 100-plus mile mountain bike trail system. connecting both beginner and advanced cyclists to nature and physical activity in the coastal area. $70,000. City of Carlton will replace an outdoor restroom facility at the Willard Munger trailhead in city of Carlton. The updated structure will meet current sewer requirements and meet compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act. $11,225. For 18 years, the DNR and NOAA have worked together to better Minnesota’s inland coast. Together, the agencies have granted $12.6 million in pass-through funding to more than 550 local projects and provided thousands of hours of technical assistance. Projects are selected for funding through an annual competitive grants process. For more information about Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program, visit www.mndnr.gov/mlscp. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • delcecchi
      Second the guide.  Fishing a lake in the north is totally different from fishing Mississippi or lake Zumbro or other lakes in the southern half of the state.  Otherwise you should look at the best place to launch your boat to be close to good fishing.  Rainy is a very big lake.. Ask in http://fishingminnesota.com/forums/forum/98-rainy-lake-fishing-reports-hunting-events/ the rainy lake forum. 
    • leech~~
      Unless they find a way to stop all the kinds of waterfowl from swimming, diving, eating and pooping from lake to lake. It's never going away.
    • RuddyDuck
      I saw this on the Wright County website today: http://www.wrightswcd.org/Water_Mana...e_species.html
      There's a link in Blue on the home page.

Sounds like they are having a meeting about it on AUG 23. From talking to the DNR, I believe they didn't allow the initial dates for this to happen. Mostly because there was really no comment period on it. Sounds like they are gonna have it now. Guess if your against it, now's your chance to speak up. You can also send in written comments. Not sure exactly to who, at least I didn't see that part clearly. Maybe to Alicia O'Hare.

Like others have said, I believe their ultimate goal is to have this implemented county wide at some point. When you look at the committee info, most groups are lake associations. Hopefully it still can be stopped. Here is the DNR person I called on this, she was helpful: Heidi Wolf - 651-259-5152

Anyone else have new info on this?
    • guitpic
      Tx all
    • BobT
      I resisted converting to braided lines. I liked my TrileneXL. Then, one day about four years ago I decided to spool up with fireline and at first I didn't think I could really feel much difference. Skeptical me, I always held on to that spool loaded with my trusty Trilene. One day I decided to put that mono back on and immediately could feel the difference. It felt like I was fishing with a rubber band. I went back to braided and haven't looked back. 
    • monstermoose78
      Last night a flock of geese buzzed the house and Finn went nuts! I think he wants to get out hunting as much as I do.
    • Rick
        Anyone with a 2017 Minnesota fishing or hunting license can receive a free St. Paul Saints logo baseball cap and discounted tickets though a special Saints ticket offer online at mndnr.gov/saints.  The offer is good for the 7:05 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, game vs. the Wichita Wingnuts. Tickets are $17 and all ticket holders under this partnership will pick up their cap at the game. Instructions for purchasing tickets are at mndnr.gov/saints. Buy licenses at any Minnesota Department of Natural Resources license agent, online with a mobile or desktop device at mndnr.gov/buyalicense, or by phone at 888-665-4236. Mobile buyers receive a text or email that serves as proof of a valid fish or game license to state conservation officers.   Discuss below - to view set the hook here.