• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How much cap room do the Vikings have?

maros91

Heard Justin Smith, M. Williams and Bsquared.

As much as those names sound great...I see spending small fortunes to get them all!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• james_walleye

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

Where did you hear that from? Someone at work said he heard Berrian to SF and Smith to the Browns. I hope that doesnt happen....

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
How is it that he signed when the period doesnt start until tomorrow night? Or is just not "officially" signed...?

Guys that are realeased from their teams can sign with anyone right away. (Ex. Muhammed to Carolina and Zach Thomas to Cowboys) Guys that are UFA have to wait until midnight tonight to sign.

I just seen the Eagles released DE Jevon Kearse. Not the player he once was but the Vikes are thin at DE and wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes pick him up.

Anyone subscribe to ESPN insider?? A headline in the NFL rumor mill says "Berrian to Minnesota?". Without the insider a guy can't read it. I'm curious as to what is says!

Just read a bears website that said Berrian turned down a 5 year $25 million offer today with $8 million up front to sign. It said the bears don't figure to be able to come up from that offer and that the vikings are the team most interested in his services. My fingers are crossed!!!

hold on - i'll check it out...

Berrian:

Looking to provide young QB Tarvaris Jackson with a proven playmaker at wide receiver, the Vikings appear to be in pursuit of Berrian, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribue.

Berrian, 27, who caught a career-high 71 passes last season for the Bears, is hoping to land at least a $12 million signing bonus. He reportedly turned down the Bears' latest offer, a five-year, $25 million offer that guaranteed him $8 million.

Justin Smith:

The Minneapolis Star-Tribue is reporting that Smith will be among the Vikings' targets in free agency. The Browns and Steelers also have serious interest in the defensive end, according to the Dayton Daily News.

Smith, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2001 draft, had 78 tackles and two sacks in 2007.

Javon Walker:???

The Broncos continue to shop Walker, but they should release him before March 4, writes John Clayton. The Broncos owe Walker a $3.4 million roster bonus on March 4 that they aren't going to pay. Walker still believes -- despite knee concerns -- he's a No. 1 wide receiver.

This is what the rumor mill says. Insider is kind of a joke...if I didn't get it for free i would not be a member!

why are we so high on B Berriman...the more I think about him I don't see him as the answer to our reciever problems.....he wasn't that good in chicago with a not so good QB what makes us think that he will be good with a not so good QB in Minnesota?

I also see that the paper has a Bengal FS as a top FA!! After watching the Bengals a few times last year there is no way I would want any of there d-backs or safties on my team!!!

71 catches and 950 yards playing on a bad bears offense isnt that good?? A reciever that can do that in Chicago with a running game ranked 30th in the NFL? What would he do playing on a team with the best running game in the NFL and constantly facing 1 on 1 coverages on one of the fastest tracks in the NFL? If MN would have had a guy put those numbers up last year making the playoffs wouldnt have been an issue. Make the playoffs and you don't know what might happen as the giants showed us.

Just because a defense is bad doesnt mean there isnt solid players to be had off the team. Williams is a solid safety and would fit in nicely with the style of cover 2 the vikings play. He does his job well. That is why the vikings are interested.

Originally Posted By: ozzie
why are we so high on B Berriman...the more I think about him I don't see him as the answer to our reciever problems.....he wasn't that good in chicago with a not so good QB what makes us think that he will be good with a not so good QB in Minnesota?

I also see that the paper has a Bengal FS as a top FA!! After watching the Bengals a few times last year there is no way I would want any of there d-backs or safties on my team!!!

Ozzie your missing the point here, Williams is young and has talent to be a good safety in this league. Just because the Bengals sucked last year doesn't mean all the blame goes onto him. The vikes personal and other guru people who study the NFL alot more than the average joe vikes fan know this and that Williams would be a good fit for our team considering the age of Darren Sharper and frankly nobody else left behind him after cutting Dwight Smith. So Williams IMO is a must sign or go after the giants safety Girhil Wilson who is also a free agent but isnt as young as Williams.

Reason why everyone is so high on Berrian is because he is the best WR with talent in free agency and that is one of the biggest Vikings needs in this year's offseason. Don't expect us to just draft another WR with our 1st round pick. Plus Berrian has experience and is alot better than what we got for WR's already and just adds another talent to go with the AP & Chester combo. Just 5.5 hours left till FA! Can't wait to see who we sign tonight.

Do you guys think they will pull the trigger and get some one? Or just sit back and get some weak help? It would be nice if they went all out and got Williams, and Berrian, but MN teams just dont do that!

from what i have been hearing i actually think they will land 2 or 3 big time players...i see them overpaying and maybe thats not a big deal.

I know chili will want to impress this year...

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Anyone subscribe to ESPN insider?? A headline in the NFL rumor mill says "Berrian to Minnesota?". Without the insider a guy can't read it. I'm curious as to what is says!

I've got Insider. All it says is:

"Looking to provide young QB Tarvaris Jackson with a proven playmaker at wide receiver, the Vikings appear to be in pursuit of Berrian, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribue.

Berrian, 27, who caught a career-high 71 passes last season for the Bears, is hoping to land at least a $12 million signing bonus. He reportedly turned down the Bears' latest offer, a five-year, $25 million offer that guaranteed him $8 million. "

From what I'm hearing right now the Vikes and the Titans are in a bidding war for Berrian.

Also, J. Smith a big upgrade? Please explain.

Rams cut Issac Bruce! Weird stuff...

Andre Davis resigns with Houston, Marcus Stroud DT from Jags given permission to seek out a trade, Lions shopping around Shaun Rogers, Jets shopping around DT Dwayne Roberston, and Jets close to sending Jonathon Vilma to New Orleans. Dallas resigned Flozell Adams to a huge deal. Chargers cut FS Marlon McCree, FB Lorenzo Neal, OT Shane Olivea. Pats CB Randall Gay going to test FA market. The Pack are gonna trade DT Corey Williams to the Browns for a 2nd round pick. Jets making alot of noise right off the go in Free Agency.

Vikes offered 3rd round pick for QB Sage Rosenfels for a back up plan after Holcumb was cut. Also Vikes are interested in WR Jerry Porter.

Koonie your right vikes in bidding war with titans for Berrian, sounds like. All my information came from http://www.kffl.com, hope we make a splash here in FA.

Why not Derek Anderson? (CA-CHING$$$)

Sage Rosenfels is a career backup qb and will not push TJack one bit. Could just as well kept Holcomb if that's what we're going after.

Although, I suppose I would be satisfied with Rosenfels if the Vikes happen to land both Smith and Berrian.

You know, I'm not even sure I'm all that excited about smith. 9.5 sacks in two years isn't all that impressive, and the vikes need someone who can RUSH THE QB!

He is to come to Winter Park and workout for us today, Ziggy sent his personal jet to pick him up! They said he could be signing a contract as early as tonight! Lets hope!

Tapeh Agrees to Terms

2/29/2008

1 Free agent fullback Thomas Tapeh has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings. Tapeh, a Twin Cities product who attended St. Paul Johnson High and played football at the University of Minnesota, was a fifth-round draft choice of the Eagles in

A good start to Free agency for the Vikes. Sounds like Justin Smith is only going to make two stops-49ers first and Vikes second- his agent says he'll sign within 48 hrs of the start of free agency. I don't think Berrian will get out of Minnesota if he gets here. If we sign all three we'll really open up our draft.

Berrian is in minnesota right now and i don't think zygi will let him leave either

looks like tony richardson is gone...not sure what to think of that...

Man am i excited here!

Maurice Hicks to meet with the vikings...oh man that means chester will like be in trade talks...