Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
warrior2090

something positive !

warrior2090

my 7 year old daughter and i are going fishing this weekend. i consider myself lucky because she loves to go and we go a lot. her friend asked if she could come with because she has never been ice fishing. when i asked her parents if it was o.k., her dad asked if he could also go because his dad never took him fishing, let alone ice fishing. so not only am i going to "take a kid fishing," but i am also going to introduce someone new to the sport. what i thought was even better was when her dad said "i don't even care if we catch fish, this is going to be so much fun!"

slim1

thats cool, have a great time. He will probably have a the luck being a first timer.

Ralph Wiggum

Way to go! That is a great story. Hope you do well.

mnhunter 3815

i did something silmiliar to that 10 yrs ago.my father in law never been ice fshing till i came along into the family.i took him a few times. it was like teaching my 4 yr old how to ice fish is was realy fun teaching him the basics and such.and now thats all we do is go to lotw every week.we built a 8 x 16 sleeper.he cant get enough of it.now all he needs is a vexi.

sparcebag

GREAT 2090! Ya commin my way?Sure hope they catch something!course you catch enough Ha Ha. GOOD LUCK Sounds like really nice first time weather.

jigginjim

which lake do you think of going to? Some place with pannies and a few pike.

Pyrex

Have fun 2090! nothing is better than watching a kid pull in their first fish, hope you get some luck !!

jigginjim

I had my 6yrs old out, I told him when the float goes down pull and run. It was funny to watch the sunnies and crappies come shooting out of the ice like rockets. A couple times the fish were bigger then we thought and he broke his line. OH well, "dad tie on a new hook, I got fish to catch".

5crazykids

warrior -- hope all went well today... we are eating 9 crappies for supper tonight! Things went pretty well after we moved to where we talked about.

5crazykids

Half dozen more this morning as we scooted out for an hour before I shipped the kids off to Sunday School -- all the craps went back into the lake -- on the smaller side. Loving the VX-1's!!

warrior2090

sorry sparce, i was only there for a few days. to many people! jim, we went to calhoun.

warrior2090

5ck- glad to hear that spot went well for you. i was hoping that i didn't send you off to the dead sea. if you get a chance, stay out late. big ones !! what a difference with electronics! \:\)