Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
warrior2090

something positive !

12 posts in this topic

my 7 year old daughter and i are going fishing this weekend. i consider myself lucky because she loves to go and we go a lot. her friend asked if she could come with because she has never been ice fishing. when i asked her parents if it was o.k., her dad asked if he could also go because his dad never took him fishing, let alone ice fishing. so not only am i going to "take a kid fishing," but i am also going to introduce someone new to the sport. what i thought was even better was when her dad said "i don't even care if we catch fish, this is going to be so much fun!"

thats cool, have a great time. He will probably have a the luck being a first timer.

Way to go! That is a great story. Hope you do well.

i did something silmiliar to that 10 yrs ago.my father in law never been ice fshing till i came along into the family.i took him a few times. it was like teaching my 4 yr old how to ice fish is was realy fun teaching him the basics and such.and now thats all we do is go to lotw every week.we built a 8 x 16 sleeper.he cant get enough of it.now all he needs is a vexi.

GREAT 2090! Ya commin my way?Sure hope they catch something!course you catch enough Ha Ha. GOOD LUCK Sounds like really nice first time weather.

which lake do you think of going to? Some place with pannies and a few pike.

Have fun 2090! nothing is better than watching a kid pull in their first fish, hope you get some luck !!

I had my 6yrs old out, I told him when the float goes down pull and run. It was funny to watch the sunnies and crappies come shooting out of the ice like rockets. A couple times the fish were bigger then we thought and he broke his line. OH well, "dad tie on a new hook, I got fish to catch".

warrior -- hope all went well today... we are eating 9 crappies for supper tonight! Things went pretty well after we moved to where we talked about.

Half dozen more this morning as we scooted out for an hour before I shipped the kids off to Sunday School -- all the craps went back into the lake -- on the smaller side. Loving the VX-1's!!

sorry sparce, i was only there for a few days. to many people! jim, we went to calhoun.

5ck- glad to hear that spot went well for you. i was hoping that i didn't send you off to the dead sea. if you get a chance, stay out late. big ones !! what a difference with electronics! \:\)