• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dish satellite ?

bucksnort64

Question

Can someone give me a straight answer ,if a direct satellite dish

will work for my dish sat, receiver . putting in fish house and don't want to spend any more money if possible.

thanx

6 answers to this question

It will work cause they both need 18 volts to run the LNB. I have used a Dish to run my Direct tv receiver.

UH?I had to trade my DISH,dish for Direct dish to receive Direct 2 years ago.

But I guess if ya got one or the other TRY IT find out for yourself.

Some DirecTV dishes will receive d!shnetwork, I know the single lnb directv dish will work with d!shnetwork.

The directv phase 3 dish will not work with d!shnetwork.

The one I used was a old 18 inch at my buddys cabin and I am sure it was a Dish network that I hooked up to a Directtv receiver. It was a single LNB.

I called the installer,he installes both dish & direct here in Willmar area told him what I had, dish to direct he told me wont work so I just asked if I could trade used DISH dish for used DIRECT dish,he traded.