Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

Crappie/Wife Help!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

I have yet to house a crappie this year. The wife is making one of here rare trips out with me and she likes to take a few home for dinner if she can. So I want to head to a smaller resivor with her it makes it a little easier on both of us. So where would bee the better early after noon spot to go. Silver creek or willow creek. Keep in mind I would like to mabey take home five or so fish to eat for dinner. I'm also trying to make it more fun for her so she will go more.

For keeper sized fish during the daylight hours, I would reccommend lake zumbro. Kinda nice that you can drive right to where you want to fish as well.

Yea I don't think thats gonna happen she is not one for driving on the ice.. Thats why I like to keep the lake small.

i don't know if i can help you with your wife but maybe crappies. i know that the country club manor pits haven't recieved too much pressure and i have caught a few decent ones out there during open water. But that isn't too far of a hike for ya and is definitely a little puddle. If you need directions aon whereabouts just search this forum for CC manor pits or just pits and you should find more that you want to know about acces and all that jazz. ike

Have you considered going to Gamehaven?

If your between Willow and Silver Creek and crappies is your venture, I'd do Silver for sure. WC has a few crappies, but not many. Even with the pressure on SC, your still better off in the search for crapps.

Hey Tipup101,

Did you find some crappie action for yourself and your wife this weekend? Where did you go?

No we didn't go. I got called to work. Going next weekend. Bud went to willow creek and did o.k..

hey Tipup101,

Looks like you'll have a better time this weekend...just saw the weather report from WxGuy and it looks like its going to be really nice....If the wind is noexistant might not need a portable.

Got a buddy who might be interested in going to willow creek this weekend...how did Bud do last weekend and what rig/depth was he at.

Thanks

They where in twelve or so feet of water out from the point. Crappie minnows and plain hook they caught 20-25 cappies they kept 10 in th 9 inch range. Plus one 10 1/4 they let it go. They did have a picture I'll see if he'll email it to me so i can post it.

Silver creek on monday they headed out there. And caught crappies kept ZERO! The fish from sunrise till after dark and never caught a keeper. He has fished it for a few years and has now claimed it as fished out. I think he may be over reacting. But he was very disapointed with the whole day. Funny enough he said his going back on friday.

Leaves me wondering where I will head on saturday.

Tipup101,

Thanks for the info on Willow. Sounds like it might be a good place to go this weekend. We'll see what my buddy says. Waiting for him to call me back and pindown a date/time to go.

Appreciate all the help,

Redbeard5289