Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lowblazah

Bush Lake...Bloomington

15 posts in this topic

Anyone having any luck out there? Havent seen much for pressure on this lake this winter...anything worthwhile in there during the winter?

I drive by this lake every morning and afternoon and there has only been a max of 3 houses/portables there at one time.

I drove by there a little less than a month ago and it was crazy there was vehicles and portables everywhere. I've heard of crappies coming out of the weeds in 12-18fow. Other than that dont know much about the lake.

was this on a weekend?

most likely

I was out there last weekend in the extreme cold. Marked fish but no takers. The lake is completely safe for driving.

I have been out there a few times without much luck, caught alot of small stuff, nothing worth keeping. (Caught a 24in pike on 2lb test though, that was pretty fun!!) I have caught some decent gills and crappies in the past, but haven't been able to get into them this year. Not a ton of them, but a few here and there if you work for them.

I was out there about a month ago on a Sunday and it was a zoo. Not the funnest day!

I believe it...was on Prior last night and almost ran out of blade on the auger the ice is so thick now.

All this cold and no snow the ice has gotten thicker than i have have seen in many years.

i havent been out for awhile.How thick is it?

Bush was crowded this morning when I went by, they must be biting. A friend of mine said the other day he did pretty good on the crappies in shalow weeds in the evening.

I had over 2ft on Buffalo lake, 2weeks ago.

Bush is over two feet thick RincRat78

Originally Posted By: Wallmaster
Bush was crowded this morning when I went by, they must be biting. A friend of mine said the other day he did pretty good on the crappies in shalow weeds in the evening.

Are we talking about the same lake? The one between east bush lake rd and west bush lake rd? crazy.gif I drove by saturday morning as well (10am) and it was a ghost town. 2 houses out there...not a single vehicle.

I went by their just before 12:00 and it had a bunch of trucks and portables and more people going on the lake maybe for the evening bite, soooo it was late morning instead-after you went by-"so what ever" I saw them their! crazy.gif

I cut 3 holes this morning: at least 30" of ice, but no fish for my efforts.