• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone have any reports on norway? I fish for panfish mainly has there been any action for sunnies-crappies?

Crue I have not heard anything so I am not much help. I just know what it is like when you post something and nobody says anything.

Thanks anyways, i know that alot of people dont like to share if there is a bite and understand but i dont get out to much and only have a portable. git my kids this weekend and i suppose we will try anyways.

The thing is that there isn't much of a bite right now. Like you said if someone is catching them you won't hear about here.

Hey crue86, I talked to a guy yesterday who said the were getting some sunnies and crappies. As to where or how, I dont fish the lake so im not much help there. Go out there and giver a shot i'm sure you'll find some.

Originally Posted By: fishattacker
Crue I have not heard anything so I am not much help. I just know what it is like when you post something and nobody says anything.

I remember my grandpa and his fishing friends feeling bad when nobody replied there on-line fishing queries too. He just called a friend who'd been out recently, OR, can you believe it, went out to a place he enjoyed fishing, and tried to find them on his own!!!! Crazy!

I respect a good fishing report, someone saying they caught some nice fish on such and such lure at such and such time,ect,ect. But most of those reports don't include the name of the lake. And I get it. I respect a fisherman telling a friend where to go. I also respect when someone doesn't respond to my request to tell me if and where the fish are biting. In person or online.

Keep asking, and if people tell you, that's alright, but me, I don't like it. The "price" it costs to "caress my ego" by telling everyone I nailed em on Norway, Dimond, Eagle, ect, isn't worth 600 ice houses headed to my spot and an overfishered lake.

I know, the word gets out, even with out the internet. I've asked around before too, but I've never been offended if someone didn't reply. I've made it "policy" not to anymore. If someone does say, "yeah, there's a hot bite on the lake you're going to", it just increases the chances that I'll have to fish around others as lazy as I was.

Over time, I've found it more rewarding to me to find something, usually not a limit, on my own. But on that rare occasion, unless you're my brother, you aren't gonna find out if I caught a limit of 13" crappies on the West end of Lake X (or if I got skunked 3 days in a row). The "need" to tell someone doesn't outweigh possibly going out to the spot and doing it again, by myself or with friend.

(stepping down from by podium)

well said goose89! Couldn't agree more.

A lot of guys on this site show up and make 2 posts and expect people to start handing out gps coordinates and detailed presentations specific to what the fish on that lake want! It is laughable.

These people need to realize that while all fishermen are part of a group that should have solidarity for at least political reasons, IT ISN'T US AGAINST THE FISH!!! Haha I'll step down off my soapbox now as well...for now \:\)

Well put goose!

I've been posting on this site for some time now, and I agree, no response to a question about the bite is typical. But UNDERSTOOD! If I was nailing the fish on a honey hole of a spot, sure it would be fun to tell everyone about it and my success. But, I'd like to continue to catch fish for a few days instead of having 50 house come out there next to me and the bite be gone in a day. Look what happened on Eagle with the crappies. Word got out.

I remember the time before the net, when we'd all wake up in the morning and say "today, I think I'm gonna try ________ Lake." Instead of,"I better check the forum to see where they are biting."

Hey, what am I doing sitting here on the computer? Its a beautiful day out and I heard they are nailing the walleyes during the day in 22 feet of water around the bigger island on Nest Lake! Oooopppssss! Haha!

I know what our saying Leech. It is rather funny each spring we catch 11-13" crappies out of west norway. Yet I can count on one hand the number of ice houses, I have seen there in the past 5 years. I know these fish are out there it just a little work to find them. Something nobody wants to do now days. I do know of a 14ft hole in west norway, lots of clay around it. GPS cords for a price. grin.gif I showed this spot to my dad a few years ago. Sometimes its better for us so called older fishers to die with our secrets. I know Mr.Dilley that lived next door to dad had several spots on west Norway. He could bring you to the exact spot of the spring in the lake. Did someone say big pike. Great spots many long forgotten.

Originally Posted By: jigginjim
I do know of a 14ft hole in west norway, lots of clay around it.

\:o I didn't think got any deeper than 6'!

Yep one of my secret spots,BUT if ya want to fish ya gotta find it.I fish norway 2 times a year once in spring in jiggins spot than in mid June for sunnies during spawn.

Twas a secret. I had no idea that was there. I'm not gonna go look for it, but, if I still fished that area, ...well.... today I would stick with some of my own (like they're secrets, lol) , but in the past I would have seen it as a challenge to find someone elses "secret spot."

I'm sure there's a couple folks that would love to know about your secret spot, but they probably don't have access to the internet, and W. Norway is way to big to even start looking, and even if they did find it, they probably wouldn't keep any 13" crappies from it.

Ralph, that 14ft spot is really small ditch. My parents have had a place on West Norway, Since 1971. I have spent a few hours out there, more like a few thousand hours.

Jiggin,

Tongue in cheek. Sarcasm. Being a smart a__. Nearly everyone has access to the internet. W. Norway is not that big, and most people would keep them.

I just don't care for specific names and spots being hashed over the internet. It's not wrong, just something I've never seen any good come out of for our lakes and fish. My opinion.

Jiggin In a news paper or fishin mag 6-8 years ago they did a article on norway,told of the spring eyes,even gave the spot,so I tried it,when I drive to a lake to fish its all day or dont go.So I wasnt catchin anything by noon started movin around,found fish and every spring same area small but 12'

At Mels in Spicer one day talkin he was bassin Norway told him of the eyes I got ,and wanted a meal of sunnies,He set me on a spawnbed and it was all 3/4 lbers. we took 6 and went to calhoune to fish for fun.Now in June we make it up there for our meal of fresh sunnies our favorite.

Originally Posted By: goose89
Jiggin,

Tongue in cheek. Sarcasm. Being a smart a__. Nearly everyone has access to the internet. W. Norway is not that big, and most people would keep them.

I just don't care for specific names and spots being hashed over the internet. It's not wrong, just something I've never seen any good come out of for our lakes and fish. My opinion.

Goose I give out lots of spots but they are now limited to others who share their spots.I'v been on FM awhile now and I do know of those people who do & dont share. ya know what goes around comes around.I basically stick to my own lake but at times I do go to others and its nice to have a vague area to start.Heck even my grandad knew where he was goin by word of mouth. that was in the 50s

I guess my comment sparked something. I don't ask for nor give out GPS coordinates. I don't see anything wrong with sharing info like a certain color or certain bait has been working better. It seems this forum has become more about fighting whether or not muskies should be or should not be stocked in a lake or if smallmouth bass eat up all the walleyes. I am by no means saying you should hand out your favorite spot to fish but tips that fisherman can share. I also find it very enjoyable to find fish on my own and not go the easy path, however I also find it enjoyable if I can help a person new to the sport a tactic to use to enhance their fishing experience.

Originally Posted By: jigginjim
Ralph, that 14ft spot is really small ditch. My parents have had a place on West Norway, Since 1971. I have spent a few hours out there, more like a few thousand hours.

I don't make it over to West too often (with water levels the past few summers, it's tough to get into Norway past early summer \:\( ), but my soon-to-be inlaws have had a place on Games for over 100 years. When we go to West Norway, we usually just cruise over to the sand bar and hang out.

wiggum,

the creek between Games and Norway was riprapped this winter

I did not go out to look but it will probaly slow down pontoon boats as heard it has been narrowed by couple feet

Jiggin,the hole has great seasonal changes ,if you ever met Walter Peterson when he was alive he was probaly sitting in it in October minnow fishing for largemouth bass.

It seems that spot has a different species of fish in it each month.Its a great lake.I know some others that get a great deal of walleye out of it in some weeks.What month is it good for crappie??

I can attest to Sparcebag's comment that he is willing to share.

Still owe you Sparce for pointing me in the right direction for that coyote last Feb!

I kinda think some you are missing the point. Im not trying to start a debate here but i think crue was just lookin for a spot to help his kids have a good time. Some of us (myself included) look at all the people just asking for fishing reports and it does get old when they are asking for a hotspot. Or for crappies 11" and up,,,,,,still amazed at that one grin.gif Anyways, not all of us have the winters off, the time to go out every day or almost everyday, the equipment that some other people have, or even the knowledge that alot of other people do. I know i dont. Dont get me wrong, I see where guys like sartelll and the others are coming from. I just think that there are times that a lil info can go a long way. Especially when it comes to helping a kid catch some fish or not. Sorry, i will now step down from my pedestal.

Id like to be able to give u a report on norway but i haven't fished it since december. There are a couple of spots though that i know of that can keep you and the boys busy. Mostly perch and sunnies. Let me know.

Thanks ice team dreamer. I guess I didnt me two stir up anything, i was just wondering if anyone had heard of any action going on. I didnt want any specific gps numbers(i dont no how that started). I am not very good at ice fishing, still learning and will keep learning and i am more than capable of trying to find the fish, i dont no how my question turned into such a debate. thanks team dreamer

Hey Prime, was the channel dug out at all? I didn't even try to

take the toon to Games this past summer. Over Labor Day, I had to walk the 17.5 Crestliner through to get to Games to fish.

Unless we get snow/rain this spring, it will be tough to go from

Norway to Games.

Originally Posted By: primetime49
wiggum,

the creek between Games and Norway was riprapped this winter

I did not go out to look but it will probaly slow down pontoon boats as heard it has been narrowed by couple feet

Oh no! Is it deeper so I can at least get the fishing boat through?