• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all - I decided to go to Pelican yesterday evening/night instead of trecking it all the way up to Devils like I had originally planned. When I got out to Pelican, I got on the lake by Zorbaz and then headed due East to a spot that looked dynamite on the Navionics map. However, the depths in some of the areas I was going to drive over to get there were 50+ ft and I didn't see any shacks that way. So, I was too chicken to drive that way. So, I then went SouthEast of that access point there to a tiny midlake hump. I was sitting in about 22 ft of water, but the hump went down to about 35 ft. At 6:05 PM I got a real nice strike and it was what I was guessing to be about a 17 incher that I lost right at the hole! I then caught another about 12 incher right after that. And then, that was just it! 6:05 - 6:15 - bite done! What a short window. Anyways, I was using a hammered gold angel eye with a full minnow on it. This seems to be a real good MN bait (especially at Mille Lacs). Here are some pictures from yesterday and the snow blizzard I was in. It was so snowy even when I was driving out to Pelican - I saw a guy on 94 do a U turn on a no U turn area and chickening out. Whoever you were with the covered blue trap, I saw you chciken out! JK \:\) The puppy even got a snow beard yesterday! Enjoy.

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

nice pics man, I thought I'd try my luck last night to and ended doing crappy. I think we caught about 8 crappies, they all went back in the drink. 2 of them were 11"+ and I had an even bigger one up to the top of the hole. He did a 180 on me and made it down, darn 10" holes. My dad did good on the gills earlier in the afternoon though.

Yeah, the 17 incher I had one did the same thing - it did a 360 in the hole and spit the hook as I was reaching down to get him out. Also, there was real nice action on the vex last night. I would lift the angel eye up a foot and they would chase after it and those two I caught just hammered it. They were down there the whole night but I could only get them to bite during that 10 minute window. And at various times as well, there would be nice flashes that would show up at 10 - 15 ft or so midway down. I tried a couple crappie minnows when that happened but nothing. I think these were crappies showing up every so often...

Not to get off track, but how old is the pup? Good looking dog, where did you get him/her out of?

She just turned two. We actually rescued her from a bad situation - so she is pure bread and was completely free (not counting all of the vet fees, bark collar etc :))! I think she is pretty much full grown. I think she was the runt of the liter

She looked small so thats why I asked. I have a lab that is about 55lbs full grown. This one can't be much bigger.

I will be getting another one in the coming years so I am looking into breeders with smaller dogs. I love the size that mine is and want to get one similar.