• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is the Duluth Sport and Travle show worth going to see this year anything new to see? Just wondering?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I think its worth going to. I believe there are more side shows this year other then old Country Western singers.

Forget it! Unless you're into checking out 4 dozen of the finest fly-in resorts and the Marine General booth, it's not worth it. What happened to the good old days of Twiggy the Waterskiing squirrel, or Clyde Peeling and His Amazing Reptiles? Those were the days of Sport Show glory.

The boat show is always worth the trip to me. I get to see a bunch of people I dont get to see but 1 or 2 times a year and I can also wheel and deal on a few items.

If you arent looking at resorts or looking on deals at Marine General or Fishermans Corner its probably over rated for you.

You really have to do your boat homework before the show and know exactly what ya want if you plan on getting a truely good deal.

Too high end in boats last time I was there. For the average person your getting priced out. Only place to buy down there is marine general and he has the deals. Fishermans corner pulled out of there this year starting to price scott out of there to.

Ya I thought that might happen this year. Too bad because Russ and Scotty were where I spent all my $.

How is this in size compared to the one in the cities?

on a side note, will there be another local gun show this winter. Im looking to pick up an M1 garand for my infantry impression.

Chadwick,

The show at the DECC isn't even close to the size of any sport show in the cities.

I have gone to many of them, but the show in Duluth is still an enjoyable event to attend.

Went yesterday and to tell you the truth it was probably the worst I have seen in years. Very few resorts, 4 wheelers mixed in with vendors, and only Marine General to deal with. Dont get me wrong I love the General but some variety would be nice.

Look at the new Diawa Wilderness trolling rods. At $20 they are supposed to be as good as the TDR rods. I got 2 to give them a try. Also check out the new Okuma Convectors. Really improved and on sale at the general. I had to get 2 for the new rods. grin.gif

Other than that it was the same old thing but less of it. If your a Lamiglass guy they had some nice rods at ok prices.

Steve,

What length's did they have for the Wilderness rods?? Looking to add a couple/three more trolling rigs to my arsenal this year. Did you see any dipsey rods in that series, and if so what length's?

Thanks!

I got the 8' ML's. A bit bulky but at that price if they break or I step on one oh well. I didnt see any Dypsie rods but wasnt looking. They had a ton of them.

Originally Posted By: Northlander
Went yesterday and to tell you the truth it was probably the worst I have seen in years. Very few resorts, 4 wheelers mixed in with vendors, and only Marine General to deal with. Dont get me wrong I love the General but some variety would be nice.

Should have listened to me grin.gif. A show is not a show if there's not a squirrel on skis.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I went yesterday with the kids. Got to chat with Deizt for a while.

I'd like to see more vendors and new gizmos. The downrigger release retriever was interesting. The kids have their made it a tradition to hit, mini donuts, beef jerky, hotdogs, and trout pond.

My Sound Effects was worth seeing. Paint ball stuff was new and will be opening a coarse just North of Twig this summer. Might be a good Get Together. Didn't hit any other shows but they looked interesting.