Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishorgolf

underwater camera

14 posts in this topic

I am finally going to break down and but an underwater camera! 80% of the time it will be used on Mille Lacs. I am looking for input on what would be my best choice.

i like my aqua vu. i've never had any problems with it.

the camera with the best night vision by far is the marcom 560.it sees as good at night as during the day.i have a vista cam and also a aqua-vu and nothing compares to the marcom.hope this helps

I just got mine last year. Just a cheap aqua view. And it works great! It may not be as nice as the higher end modles but it does a great job for the buck.

There is nothing like watching fish TV, and you are the host! You will be amazed at what you will see and learn. You will be glad you made the investment.

makes fishing even more fun, and I didn't that was possible!! I use an aqua-vu and have never had a complaint. Works great and will definatly help you put more fish on the ice. i like to usse mine on mille lacs because of the outstanding water clarity. Have fun with the new toys.

Another vote for the 560, it is great. I like the picture and even in darker situations it is nice.

I purchased a 825c it is great in water 18ft or less. I had a faulty camera within the first week. Marcums customer service is much better then aqua view. if I bought another it would be the 820 it sees much beter in deeper water. the flat screen is the best around well worth the price. nice not to have a sun shield.

I'd debate the Marcum vs. Nature Vision (Aqua View) costumer service comment Cedarcreek. I've seen examples to make me believe the opposite.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I am thinking about the marcum. (I have a LX5 and really like it) what I am trying to decide on is between the 560 and the 820. I would like to use it for open water also.

pro's con's of each?

if you are going to use it during the summer you might want a sun shield so you can see a little better. but i'm not sure if either of those have shields.

I've had my 560 for 3 years now. And, this season have been using the 825c. If Marcum combines the flat screen daylight viewable monitor with the panning camera, that will be perfect! I am very spoiled with the auto panning of the 560 but, the 820 series has benefits, too.

Here's a Close Up Look at the 560. Maybe there will be some info to help you decide.

Marcum VS560

Thanks everyone for your input! I have decided to go with the Marcum VS380. It doesn't have some of the options of the 560 but it has what I feel I need.

I do believe that you will be happy with your choice.

im still using the OVS300, one of the first to come out. technology has improved the packages but this one has worked just fine for me. the reason i got it was because the place i bought it allowed me to try 4 different manufacturers cameras in their minnow tank. the OVS300 had the best picture. it was also the most compact and lightest.

just heading out to minnetonka now to try for the walleyes.

regards,

minnesotatuff