Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
that guy

my first time on red

7 posts in this topic

any suggestions for colors, spoons or jigs work better? fat heads or crappie minnows or waxies any help would be greatly appreciated

My best lure in the past has been a red buckshot spoon with a whole fat head. In the past the bigger the minnow the better. For my set line it has been a glow white frostee. Good Luck!

I have had good luck with red glow jigging spoons tipped with a minnow head (crappie or fatty). Also, make sure you have one dead stick with just a plain hook, crappie minnow and bobber. Many times you can attract them with the jigging spoon and the bobber presentation will create the bite. Plan on drilling a lot of holes and jump around, especially around dusk.

Best of luck.

Always seems to be anything with a glow red spoon or jig

Just got back on Feb 9 from first trip to Red and went with Chad Benson. What an awesome guide!!! Had us on fish all weekend. We found that demon jigs were the lure of choice with a fathead. Colors varied from glow, pink, green, red and black. 8 guys and we caught our Walleye limits Fri. and Sat. and plenty of keeper perch too. Good luck and look for Big Jeff's report on this forum sometime this week if he posts.

thanks for all of your help

just got back from url,most the fish we got were on glow red demons,or glow jigging spoon,crappies r bein stubborn,decent eye action early in the morn,or late nite,set up thr rattle reels..good luck 2 u