• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OK, Sat. @ Sun Nice temps, who's going an where?

my buddy just called from zipple.i got alot of snow removel to do at my sleeper lol.so once i get that job done i'll be fishing there till monday after noon.

heading up saturday til tuesday thinking zipple or adrians rd area any advice on which one to go to and east west or north of the rd thanks

Heading up Friday and giving Arnesen's sleepers a try until Monday!! Hope to have a good trip!!!! Looking forward to it, have heard nothing but good things about Arnesen's. How is the Ling [PoorWordUsage] bite? Never caught one and want to try and eat one too!!!

Gonna be a great time!!!!!

you mean pout??? they been biting during the day over at zipple.2 weeks ago when we were up we caught 6 big pout.

Making my first trip to LOTW this weekend. We're renting a sleeper from Zipple. Can't wait to get there!

Leaving friday morning @ 4am until monday afternoon trying out sleepers at zipple. just picked up 2 1.75 bottles of southern and some asperin, cant wait.

I'm heading up friday early morning, for my first trip, until sunday. Can't wait!

We'll be trying wheeler's point sleepers...driving a black suv if anyone is around us, feel free to stop by.

you guys that r fishing outa zipples house will catch some fish.nick and his crew do a great job on putting there houses on fish.i'll be up there as well early saturday mornin till monday afternoon.i would welcome you guys to stop by and have a cold 1 but they had to move some roads so its kinda tuff finding my house lol i gotta try to find it myself.im way on the east side only house out there lol.im sure i will see yas in the fish cleaning shack.i'll be at the resort to watch the end of the 500 sunday night.

Ceasar, Arnesons is an all the way and then some top shelf place and you'll be love'n it out there with the nicer weather ahead. They take good care of their folks and should get you on the fishes. Them Burbots will most likely show up for you after dark too. Have fun cleaning them and be very careful where you cut!

Check out Marine Mans post, they were up thru the polar hurricane last weekend and managed to get some fish out there, and they came back to shore with all there fingers, noses, and toes too!

Boar....Saturday....Sleeping in, then grabbing snackle box and leaving home around 11am headed west, quick stop for some Barley pops on the ridge and get in-line for the big derby before noon. My wife kind of wants that funny lookin new little Chevy!

fiskyknut

To those of you using the Zipple sleepers - if doing the shallow sleeper /deeper day house. Don't forget to put out tip-ups for the Nords. My buddy got a nice 41 incher in the shallows!!

Here is the thread and pic of his fish!!!

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...rue#Post1001118

anybody have any ideas on which way to head up there and best route...i live in ramsey so i'll be taking hwy 10/169...but is it better to head up hwy 169 through grand rapids or should i take hwy 10 through st cloud, to 371 and head north from there??

thanks!

ohh yes this big notherns.put out some tip ups after the mornin bite and may catch some nice notherns.i a few pics from 2 yrs ago out there i'll see if i can find them.

I'm going to be out of Zipple. In 2 - 6 x10 portable houses, Gray in color. Taking our annual presidents weekend trip with my 2 brothers and my dad. Should be fishing sometime mid morning Friday and pulling out Tuesday sometime. Hopefully we get into some hogs! Good Luck all!

Boar, There were some pretty good sized snow drifts by your fish house last Wednesday, probably bigger ones by now, thought you may want to know before you get there, in case you haven't been up for a while. I just called Long Point and reserved a house for tomorrow, didn't want to deal with -27 degrees in the morning drilling holes for mine, we will return home tomorrow. Long Point said the fish have been biting good inspite of the weather. Hope you have a good weekend.

Caesar,

We're doing the shallow sleeper, deep water angling house. What time did you usually head out to the deep water house? What time did the deep water bite stop in the afternoon?

I'd love to catch a big gator on a tip up. Were you fishing with suckers or smelt?

Good luck fisky on the funny looking chevy, I should hit that turney sometime, Kingfisher, thanks for the drift report I got a snow blower up at my cabin if I need it, your not up for the weekend, just tomorrow? let me know how ya do. call me if ya can, 368 7753. boar

Juan -

I will reply in my bro's stead as I taught him everything he knows anyway. We never really hit pay dirt with the deep house, the shallow sleeper was our bread and butter. The bite there was like clockwork every morning right around 7 we were greeted with the rattle reel alarm clock...first day it took us a while to get up and start hitting them with the jig sticks, but we learned after that. Once the first reel went off it was time to jig. I think we headed out to the deep house around 1030 or 11 and fished it until 2 or 3 then made our way back in to the sleeper for the late afternoon / evening bite. There was no real clock or set time, we just let the fish tell us when to head out. The deeper fish were all smaller and mostly saugers. The gators, we fished with large suckers, never tried the smelt there but they may be worth a try as well! Hope this helps, good luck up there I am sure you will have a blast!

when i do the shallow / deep i fish in the shallows til about 10 am then head out deeper till about 2 pm then back in the shallows.for the northerns we used a 6 inch sucker minnow that worked well on our tip ups. we had couple guys stay in shallows to watch the tip ups and the rest went out deep.