Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highway2Allstar

Biggest laker report this winter outta Slowbank and B-side

10 posts in this topic

Biggest 4 me so far 12 pounds outta B-side.

Good one! Nothing into double digits for me yet this winter.

biggest and only laker i have ever caught was 25inchs..5lbs...on b-side

Buntside - 3 lbs.

SNOWBANK - 5 lbs.

Not a stellar year for me but it isn't over yet.

Did you guys see the article in the Outdoor News about the guy that caught a 43 1/2 incher out of the south end of LOW. Now there is a story of some extremely bizzare luck.

i saw that, they said it traveled around 40 miles to get there! now thats a swim

this was a solid fish from the bashgerrybiglaker126082.jpg.

Originally Posted By: caseymcq
Did you guys see the article in the Outdoor News about the guy that caught a 43 1/2 incher out of the south end of LOW. Now there is a story of some extremely bizarre luck.

Well, we know lakers travel. Did it start traveling after fall turnover, or I wonder how many lakers might lurk in the deeper, cold portions of the large LOW basin during summer. Have to take a look at a lake map. Depth, water temps below thermocline, forage, dissolved oxygen. Hmmmmm.

I'm not sure, but guessing it's the same one that was on the LOW post on here. Had a picture of it, kind of blurry, but it was an old boy that got it. Looked like a long skinny fish.

I thought that fish was thin as well, 43 1/2" that fish should of weighed in at 27-29 pounds and could even go more at the right time of year. I guess when you swim that far your gonna drop a few pounds. or was it Jenny Craig?