Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratmn218

2002 chev 6.0

5 posts in this topic

when cold idles rough and then revs to about 3000 rpms . replaced fuel filter and fuel pressure regulater?on fuel rail, with vacume hose attatched to it.still same problem what do i try next? no engine light service soon lights are on.

Many possiblitys.

I would get it on a scanner first off and check air intake and coolant temp variances they should be within 10 degrees.

Possible vacume leak?

Hopefully some of the smarter guys will chime in!

checked pcv valve, looks to be empty. no rattler? i thought to test them they should rattle? can see right through it?after warm up seems to run great.

The PCV valve should be on the drivers side on the back of the valve cover.

As far as the high idle I'm not sure. Typically a vacuum leak (plenum gaskets) will flag a check engine light with codes for both banks lean. Usually there will also be a ruff idle symptom when cold.

my mom's truck does the same thing on the cold days. I don't know exactly how high it idles, but it does it for a little while then it stops. she has a 2000 silverado, with a V8, pretty sure the 5.3. They are trying to find out what is wrong, but nothing yet.