Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markinthemslabs

Never been on Lake of the woods.

10 posts in this topic

I am coming up on the 22nd and 23rd of Feb. Just wondering where to go. For the walleyes and sagur of course. Thanks!

If you are looking for a resort click on Resort Locator above. If you are portable check the posts for the past few weeks. Zipple Bay, Long Point, Arnesons, Wheelers Point pine island. All are good spots and you should definitley catch some fish. good luck and hang on. Bill

Thanks for the info. I'll for sure do that.

It should be time well spent reading the different threads

pertaining to recent fishing. It will answer most of your

questions and give you information you would'nt have thought

to ask for.

When the weather settles down some fishing is pretty good and

it should just keep getting better. Are you staying at a

resort? or going it alone?

I might be at a resort. I don't know yet. Then again we might rent a sleeper. So I don't know. So what do I use for bait, and what type of jigs and colors? I can't wait.

If you are in a sleeper out of a resort or staying at a resort most times they supply the bait shiners and fatheads. If you are thinking about a weekend you might want to reserve now. Check out Fiskyknut's post on things to do on the big pond Fisky's post and this one Fisky's other post they will tell you all about lures, colors and sizes.

i always get 1 scoop of silver shiners and 1 scoop of fatheads.ppl have all kinds of lures they use on lotw.i use the red glow buckshot and the blue and pink glow buckshot.on my dead stick i use a orange plain hook with no bobber.but like i said ppl use alot of diff lures.those r just some that i use alot.good luck on your trip im sure you will catch some fish.

Thanks for all the info. We are going to go out of Reel guides or something reel. I don't think they know where to set up at though. I have heard that the past years some friends of mine went up there and tryed for three days and only caught 7 walleyes. So I kind of wanna key my options open. I should bring my portable just in case.

They will probably have you out on and around the 5mile reef area. Fishing has been decent out there. It is about the toughest time of the winter season these days.....the dregs of winter eh!

They haul you via track vehicle so you may wanna get ahold of them to see iffin they'll have room and let you haul a portsable out???

Last week I was out there and did okay 1 day and great the next.

fiskyknut

Thanks for the heads up! Thats good to know. I'll see into that. Thanks!