• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

well I know its almost like cheating but I took the kids to spring lake park and caught the dickens out of the crappies and sunnfish didnt have to throw to many back - the kids had a blast and the old man ate well because of efforts God Bless them kids

Ya thats the one,and the bite was really good

we were there 2 hours and had enough fish for a family

feast. told a couple buddies about it and they are going there tonight - good luck

I grew up on that "lake" as I grew up about 2 blocks away. The bite was always pretty solid for Sunnys and Crappies when we'd fish by the picnic shelter off the right side from the "beach" area. They dredged the lake a few years back and I haven't fished there in years since I live backdoor to Hiniker but it's good to know that they've re-stocked the lake! Good luck tonight!!

Please remember that they stocked spring lake for the kids to fish,there are plenty of other lakes to keep fish out of.We don't need to fish out that lake.

Over 200 views in one day, and most of them have friends. Better put some kind of law in quick or the kids will be out of luck.

Being a little selfish here but I'm going to agree with Crappieking on this one. The neighborhood kids are down there all summer long having a blast C & R with the sunnies and crappies. A lake(pond) this size cannot handle too many feasts before it becomes a bullhead haven again. C&R please--they have done a fantastic job at restoring this pond-let's do our part in keeping it heading in the right direction.

I completely agree...It shouldn't and doesn't take Spring Lake to catch crappies and sunnies. Find a bigger body of water!

I really hope people use their heads about spring lake.THERE IS NO NEED TO KEEP FISH OUT OF THAT POND!!! If you are really THAT hungry for fresh fish, I guess I could go catch you some. Please lets just be smart about this, its really really fun when you can grab your kids and a couple of rods and walk down to the pond and watch your kids just hammer some really nice panfish.It would not take much to fish it out.Just throw em back.

I know I may get yelled at but where in Kato is this pond? I would love to bring my 2 young boys out and get them on some fish. you can email me if you want to at northstarboasmore at yahoo dot com but if dont want to say anything I do understand! On a side note anything caught will be C & R.

I have no problem telling anyone where any lake is,and I hope it doesn't come across that I'am yelling. I just got concerned when I heard about spring lake and telling buddies about it. Spring lake is located in lower north mankato along sherman street and also lake st.If you come into n.mankato on 169s,take a right at the second set of stop lights,right by the SA gas station,go straight on webster street than take a left on sherman street and the entrance to the park is on the right.Very easy to find.Good luck!

T.O. - I think in this case mentioning the name is actually a good thing for people who have kids and want to share that experience with them. It is actually the adults that people have to worry about. This definitely interested me and I am glad I seen it because this would be perfect for my 5 year old. Being 10 minutes from home is a huge factor when trying to take young ones ice fishing. I surely don't need to keep any and my son is learning very well about catch and release.

I do agree with those stating that we need to be careful with this. My other thought is how often is that lake going to freeze out since it is still not very deep after the dredging. Although, I guess if it has not froze out this year, it may not. Plenty of ice this year!

I heard from another city employee that the max depth is about 12-13 feet, and if your standing on the beach area it is about 60 yards straight out to the left a little bit. I think.

Originally Posted By: gerty
It is actually the adults that people have to worry about.

Let me know how that goes. Lots of greed out there...

Thats great that they brought that lake back, years ago, growing up that use to be just a swamp area. I feel old now. There are also some nice crappies in Hiniker Pond,(the Pit) also walleyes and a few northerns, drill a hole right by the fishing pier. There ya go.

It takes many years to amass a fortune (quality fish), & only a fraction of time to squander it. More common sense, less laws.

L2f