• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bow technology 5 yrs from now

Cooter

Amazing how my bow, which is about 5 yrs old, seems ancient technology wise to today's bows. Will be interesting to see what improvements come up in the next several years. Not much shot recoil anymore. Very little noise. Wonder what we'll see - more speed for sure. More forgiveness with that speed? Less weight...and if so how light is too light? I bet we see bows selling for $1000 or more. I can't wait!

Coots... Your so right.. changing all the time...

If I had to guess, and I am horrible at this.. I bet we see new technology in limbs. Made out of something different.. something stronger and lighter. New arrow technology... Again, something stiffer and lighter. I bet sights make a big change, maybe have built in range finders? I bet we see lighter quieter bows.. I see us getting away from the ultra short bows... and go more forgiving at some point, but those forgiveing bow will be shooting 320 ish FPS...

Bows over $1000.. .dude, were already there.. I think thenew Hoyt Ultra elite is over $1000...

I hear that PSE has a bow that is pushing the 350 fps mark.

I shoot left handed with guns but I'm right eye dominant. I was hit in the left eye by a golfball size rock in a childhood accident and is now starting to have an affect on my vision. I draw right handed with a bow so being right eye dominant is a benefit there.

I haven't bow hunted for several years, but I'm thinking about getting back into it hopefully this fall. I know that I can expect to spend at least $1500 by the time I get the bow and all of the equipment.

I just bought the new Diamond Marquis and though i am totally decking in out with the best stuff, it will be well over $1000. i hope they put range finders in sights, that would be sweet! Maybe it will bring the price of the hand held range finders down in price so I can get one. Its all about substitutes, innovation, and demand baby!

I still am shooting my older Matthews. The new ones may be quieter and faster but the older ones still will harvest a deer.

I agree that they will be faster,quieter and lighter in the upcoming years. Just more money for another bow. Practice with the older one and harvest just as many.

I'm with you Harvey. The new technology is great, and if you can afford it - go for it. Me, I just love to shoot and hunting is why I do it year round. I also shoot and older Matthews and it takes as much game as anything new on the market.

That said, have you seen the new Dread? Nice...

I have been looking at the new Matthews for awhile now and need to really get serious about it. The problem being my older bow still gets the job done. I would like a new bow but, I will drop $1,200 to $1,400 on it and all it will do is shoot a deer just like the one I have.

One of these days I will need to upgrade I guess.

Oh no, if LEP starts bowhunting again I need to find a new spot. \:\)

I had a Matthews MQ1. Great smooth bow but after years of use it was getting a "loud" so I upgraded to my current LX.

I'm not sure if I need something much better. I like what I have now.

I know what you are all saying, I just got into the sport again last year after a 15 year absent and I spent about 800 for the whole set-up and it was a ton of difference from the last time I shot, I even went and shot some new ones already this year and holy ^#%% are the advanced more yet.

Pretty soon these buggers will be effictively shooting longer, flatter, quieter than ever, if that is even possible.

Look at how far even broadheads, vanes, releases, sights have come.

Originally Posted By: archerystud
Oh no, if LEP starts bowhunting again I need to find a new spot. \:\)

Hey now, be nice.

The short time that I lived in Hooville, I had a PSE Pulsar. I was curious to see what it would do one day so I turned up the draw weight. The arrow passed through the target and went another 50 yards and stuck in the neighbors Plymouth. OUCH eek.gifblush.gif

I'm actually concidering buying a recurve for my next bow purchase. I started bow hunting because gun hunting became too easy and just didn't get the adrenaline flowing like it did when I was younger. Now that I have shot countless deer with a compound bow, I think I'd like to try and stick one with a recurve.

Compound bows today are so fast and accurate, its almost like shooting a gun. Then you throw in a range finder. Its just not as challenging as it used to be.

Just my 2 cents.

Nels

nels_ I read something about a guy like you.. He had started gun hunting and thought it was too easy... then went to bow... then went recurve, then long bow...I then heard he was trying to get a permit to attemt to take one with a spear.. I dont think the DNR allowed this... Not sure which state the guy was from, I think MI.. though.

A spear...I never thought of that.

I was turkey hunting once when a yearling doe ran by me so close that I was able to reach out and touch it as it went by. I probably could have just tackled it. Hmmmm now that would be fair chase. grin.gif

Nels

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
I still am shooting my older Matthews. The new ones may be quieter and faster but the older ones still will harvest a deer.

I agree that they will be faster,quieter and lighter in the upcoming years. Just more money for another bow. Practice with the older one and harvest just as many.

It's not the bow but the hunter

Originally Posted By: harvey lee

I'm with you Harvey, my 4 year old Golden Eagle does just fine, I don't need to be chasing the latest and fastest bow, I have other things that I can spend that $1000 on.

Originally Posted By: frogtosser
to think I started shooting with a recurve and pins stuck in styrofoam.

I started the same way, you must be old like me. \:D