Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goggy eyes

wave wackers

16 posts in this topic

Thinking of putting wave wackers on my boat. Likes- Dislikes

what kind of boat? If you do any backtrolling, you will be very pleased with them, just make sure they fit your boat well. 85% of my fishing is back trolling, and I wouldn't even think about not having them.

I love mine!! Easy to install and they come off fairly easy if you ever need too. Good product!!

If your fishing big or small water and do a lot of back trolling i would get them.Me i troll alot and lets just say with out them you would be getting wet back trolling.And like stated above make sure they fit good on your boat. cool.gif

Do they ever get in the way. Skies and eyes I have a alumacraft 195 tournament pro.

They are the best thing since sliced bread. I would never own a boat without them. I have never had them get in the way.

Love them! I have a set on my lund and Have never had isssues landing fish etc. Easy to put on and take off also if needs be.

Definately nice to have for backtrolling, have a set on my lund also and can't imagine what it'd be like with out em!!

I LOVE my WhiteCaps

What does a set of WW go for? The WhiteCaps for my boat would be $206, which isn't too bad.

i paid $400 last fall for new walleye master gaurds for a tiller w/115, 9.9 & vantage on the stern.

regards,

minnesotatuff

got a lund 20 foot boat with an 8hp kicker... never used wave wackers in my life and i do just fine catching the hogs of summer...... the only time wave wackers are necessary are when your a tilling troller..... all those other guys put thedm on for looks..... boats are meant to get wet....

splash guards are not just for looks. they are there to keep water out of your boat. they are needed on wheel boats just the same as a tiller if you back troll. 2 waves back to back over the transom can swamp a 20 foot boat easy. last year there were 2 boats that capsized here on lake mille lacs. i back troll about 15% to 25% of my open water fishing and would not have a boat without them. there are 3 major brands that i would look at, wave wackers, which is what i have, whitecaps, and walleye masters. mine don't get in the way of anything.........tom fellegy

I don't have them and any wind when backtrolling results in water in my boat. Sounds like I'll be ordering them. Thanks for the advice.

I have the wave wackers on a 16' Smokercraft tiller. I can backtroll or sit on a spot that larger boats with big electrics get blown off of. Love to backtroll when it gets rough.

you should always have wave wackers on your boat there are to perfect they work amazing i no the guys that run the shop great guys