• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reel weeds in open water?

Burnham

it just randomly came across my mind, but will reel weeds work in open water..kinda dumb question and i know that there are obviously more weeds in the summer so its not as necessary, but is there any reason to not use them in open water? i just was thinkin that they still might help

I've never done it but I know that one of the staffers on FM did for shallow water perch last fall and said it worked well.

geez 81 views, 1 response..people must be afraid to respond lol grin.gif...thanks perchjerker, i couldnt think of a reason why they wouldnt work, this just gives me a lil more of an incentive to get them

I have to believe that they would work. Typically I fish the weed beds areas in the early part of the season so I have never tried them out in the open water.