Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McCatman

inland trout??

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone i am new to this thing ..Just wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing inland trout?(rainbows or browns)I was thinking deep or shallow?

I've done decent this year fishing really shallow (10' or less) in lakes that don't have some sort of flowing water. Otherwise, if there is a streambed and you know that it has some current, I like to fish the break and that water could be up to 20-25'.

Yup same deal Rainbos in 3-5 fow Brookies 10.

Hey McCatman and Sailordude, welcome to HSO/FM. Great to see you here. grin.gifgrin.gif

Does this hold true for stocked fish in pits? I fish a pit that has no flowing water and gets about 80 ft at the deepest. I've had luck finding them in about 15 to 20 ft of water, but can't get the little guys to commit! I can actually see them not biting. Kind of frustrating.

FatMike

Thanks for the info Stfcatfish, had to check things out befor I realized I could register...

thanx for the info!!! thanx stfcatfish this is a great place!!!!

Im going to try lake loaine & mirror just out of duluth.I've done well in both in the summer but never in the winter.