Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Highway2Allstar

Driving on B-side yet

Highway2Allstar

Any truck traffic out on burntside yet?

Highway2Allstar

Thanks stcatfish. Can you drive all over the lake? Say from B-side lodge to Northarm.

Tullibee

I would have to say i'm a little let down with your recent posts highway2allstar. Can't you ask these questions in a more ridiculous fashion like we are used to?

ditchpickle6996

Yeah,,, where are the references to plink, blatz, ect,,,, the jibberish was some funny stuff!

Steve Foss

Originally Posted By: Highway2Allstar
Thanks stcatfish. Can you drive all over the lake? Say from B-side lodge to Northarm.

Yep, if you stay away from shore where the snow is a bit deeper. You can actually drive down the public landing off North Arm Road (you get to it up the Echo Trail), if and only if they've plowed it out. Some years it's plowed but others it's not, and I haven't been up there to look this winter.

If you want to drive across the lake to the North Arm you'll have a shorter drive off Van Vac than from Bside Lodge.

Finns

It wasn't plowed Friday pm. Snowmobile traffic had a trail packed down though.

Finns.

Mike Stark

there is a road plowed out from van vac. there were full sized truck driving around the entire area.

Great Outdoors

Highway2Allstar,

You can drive from Burntside Lodge to the North Arm, BUT when going through the narrows, stay to the left (west) side of the island with the cabin and the next island north, which is all rock.

DO NOT DRIVE ON THE EAST (RIGHT SIDE) OF THESE ISLANDS!!!!!

You will go through the ice, cause it's always bad in that spot.

Highway2Allstar

Hay Tubliski's and ditchweedski is this better !Ya hay der anyones noski if da trucks been roosting out on B-side yet. U can haul more plink en beer in da truck. Wheeler don't hold dat much booze don't ya know. Thanks fur da report Great outdoors The last batch of shiners worked out O.K on the opener.

Great Outdoors

Highway2Allstar,

And you were just coming back from the dark side!! \:\(

Don't let Tullibee and ditchpickle encourage you!!!!

Look what you two did, dang it!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Highway2Allstar

Greatoutdoors currently in training with yoda. He's trying 2 get the slovainain out of me. Yoda's having trouble though, he seems 2 be waist deep in a bottle plink these days.

Great Outdoors

Highway2Allstar

You can never get the Slovenian (Bohunk) out of you, as unfortunate a situation as that is. \:\(

Try to hold your head high, even though you know deep down that an Amoeba is a higher form of life.

Fortunately, you have some good Finnish blood to help bail you out! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Steve Foss

Oh, G.O, I have a certain degree of vertical challenge myself, and ya know I mean it in the best possible way when I say you aren't much taller than an amoeba yourself. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Imagine, a Range Finn ripping on a Range Slovenian. Some things never change. Either of you ethnics got any useful information about fishing to share? grin.gifgrin.gif

Great Outdoors

Yeah, use anyone of Irish descent as shark bait grin.gif

The Bohunk comment was on the, shall we put it nicely, "thinking process" of the individual, not stature. \:D

Of course, that would put you in the equation also! grin.gifgrin.gif

Steve Foss

Well, it would put me in the equation partly because I'm only 5-8 and partly because I'm part Bohunk myself. grin.gifgrin.gif

Great Outdoors

Steve,

I'd try to downplay that part Bohunk thing, if you catch my drift! ;\)

caseymcq

Originally Posted By: Great Outdoors
Yeah, use anyone of Irish descent as shark bait grin.gif

Becuase even a shark wouldn't want the bitter taste of Finn in its mouth grin.gif

ditchpickle6996

allstar,

glad to see you are back!

pickle

Tullibee

Don't listen to these guys allstar. Open the jibberish floodgates.

Steve Foss

Originally Posted By: Tullibee
Don't listen to these guys allstar. Open the jibberish floodgates.

Sigh.

Anyway, back to the original topic, there's been some drifting on Burntside but the drifts out in the open are scattered, and I had no trouble driving around them today. Never went through more than six inches of snow.

Highway2Allstar

Hey Greatoutdoors I won't be in town till around 5 or 6 wondering what time your closing. Wanted to do some fishing tommorrow night.

Great Outdoors

Highway2Allstar

Closing at 5 tomorrow night.

Give me a call if you're on the road, though I'm sure that cel phone service isn't too good coming up through Isabella on Hwy 1.

If you're getting close to Ely about 5, I can hang around the shop.

Tullibee

hey allstar I didn't realize you were a fellow Izzyite!!

Highway2Allstar

Greatoutdoors I'll give u a call if it dosen't get 2 late.