Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorthMNdrifter

Big Pond Ice

10 posts in this topic

Talk to me... What's happening on the shore? When? Looking good for ice? ... If the wind stops blowing?

We need it cold now I can not wait till the Ice is safe to go. I hope it will be soon.

Whenever we get the good cold stuff the wind blows and messes it up. A lot of open water and ice floating around now. The wind will have to blow it in and then we need some calm and cold weather and...not lookin to good lately. I dont see it being fishable anytime soon.

Got back into town this aft. and took a look out on the ice in front of 21 st. Low and behold 2 were out rhere and Iam not the only one who saw them.

Looks like I just might get out yet? I hope I can get out this week. Pray for Ice and cold. The fish are there we just need safe Ice.

Tom, we have had enough cold. Think warm, I would rather be trolling ;\)

I hear you loud and clear there Randy! One more trip to the islands and the otter's going into hibernation.

This morning it looked like the wind pushed most of it out again...could see open water off of 21st

Yeap went to dutchmans . That stuff can just keep on blowing.

Randy, I am with you But I would like to get some nice fish ICE fishing too. If it does not lock up soon the Boat is coming home and the loopers are in for a work out and hope to see some Coho's as well. Call me and we can hook up and fish. Well I just looked at the weather and thing do not look good.

Tonight: Scattered flurries. Partly cloudy, with a low around -18. Wind chill values as low as -33. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -34. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow and freezing rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.

Presidents' Day: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 15.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 18.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 10.

Thursday: A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a high near 28.