Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorthMNdrifter

Area Fishing Reports

25 posts in this topic

Howdy all,

Just wanted to see if I can get any info on how the area lakes are doing?

I'm going into some major fishing withdrawls and I'm planning on doing some hardcore fishing this weekend... The last post I had was about my auger falling apart... I got the replacement parts and need to put them to the test... looking to get into eyes, perch, or pannies.... any suggestions or report will help...

Oh yeah... the wife is leaving for the weekend... all I'm doing is fishing....

I'm in the same boat, the boss is heading to her folks for the weekend, so I plan to hit 'er hard!

Fishing has been steady, no matter what species you're after. People are still having some luck on Plan as well as Bemidji. A lot of fish are being caught deep on Bemidji, but if you choose to fish out there, know that you're going to keep what you catch! Action may be a little slower on the breaks, but you can release the nice ones and dinks if you catch them.... 22-26' has still been a good all around depth for perch and walleyes. Demon Jigging Spoons have been working well, clown in color, and size 3 and 4 Darter's have been working as well.

Pannies are going stong on many area lakes. The 'gills are starting to school up and stay a little longer. Less roaming means better action. We're still finding them anywhere from 10' to 22' of water. Some crappies have been mixed in with the 'gills, but most of the better crappie fishing has been coming from deeper haunts still. Look to the deeper holes for great twilight action. We've been using euro's exclusively for crappies and 'gills and they've been working. It's been nice not having to worry about minners... ;\)

Good luck!

Well geez guys, I don't have any real hot tips right now. But if my wife could go along with one of your wives that would be great!! grin.gifwhistle.gif

I haven't been out since last Thursday, perch, perch, perch in about 22ft. on Bemidji. My mom's husband went out deeper on Friday and had the same result, tons of perch.

Keep in mind, our best fishing of the season is just starting...so get out and get hooked!

Buck

Buck- Black mail, Black Mail! grin.gif Hopefully the weekend will warm up like they are saying and the reports will be hot and heavy. I know I will be hitting it hard with the family this weekend and looking forward to a good time on the ice!

Bemidji-

The walleyes slowed down this week, perch still biting fair

I'm fishing 36-48 FOW

I would expect everything to pick up for the weekend

I'll second that. I've noticed a slower Walleye bite this week as well and I'm in 34 feet. Hopefully things will pickup now that that clipper has moved through.

Originally Posted By: woodman
Buck- Black mail, Black Mail! grin.gif Hopefully the weekend will warm up like they are saying and the reports will be hot and heavy. I know I will be hitting it hard with the family this weekend and looking forward to a good time on the ice!

ssssshhhhh. Don't forget, I know where your shacks are...HAHAHA! cool.gif

Buck

Great then I should have a nice road to both of them! grin.gif

Stopped by Bluewater yesterday and got a few tips on the bite... ended up with 8 jumbos and 2 smaller walleyes... caught them all in 45 FOW ... lots of the small perch, must have caught about 40 of them... had a hard time getting my second hole drilled... couldn't keep the fish off of my first line... It was fun and have plenty for a meal.. about to head out and see if I can find a few at winnie...

I am going to be on Allen's Bay this weekend... Any word of anything there? And if so, where? We have only been there once or twice and always fished Potatoes and The Egg. Lots of perch, a couple snakes and some small eyes, but not sure how it would be in the winter.

Hey New Guy,

Are you sure you are on the right thread? Sounds a lot like the bay in Cass Lake. There is a thread with Cass, but maybe you posted on both. Bemidji is about 13 miles from Cass.

Windy

I had to get my feelers out there and see where I can find the good advice.

I went out on Bemidji last night, caught 2 pout and marked several fish with them... almost time

how deep are those pout right now?

There is a nice flash bite from 5-5:30 pm on Bemidji in 34 feet. Been out everyday since last Saturday and have caught nice walleye every night. You can set your watch by it! Have had the best luck with white/blue jig and big minnow on a bobber. Very light bite. Jiggin' works too but the bobbers been beaten it out 3 to 1. I'd like to lengthen out the bite with a few tipups but its been to cold. Maybe this weekend. Good Luck All!

Right now, at 1:45 pm, the 'pout are probably roaming suspended over 30-50 feet of water... ;\) They'll move up on the humps, and you can catch them anywhere from 12-40' on breaks and humps every night. If you want numbers sit on the top of a hump from 9 pm until 2 am and you WILL catch a 'pout...

Caught a few perch on the north end of Bemidji yesterday... tried from 30-45 FOW.. Not as active as last weekend..

What a zoo... looks like everyone is out to enjoy the nice weather...

I did talk to one guy I know and he said he caught a couple nice walleyes out of Cameron..

Lots of lake... not enough time... thinking of Plantang or Grace today...

daughter and I got 4 eyes off cameron last night. Very active night bite. Could have had more if I could set the hook better

cry.gif

not as many perch

We had guys up from NAFC over the weekend, we worked over some spots on Bemidji and scraped up 26 walleyes from Friday afternoon until 10 am on Sunday. It wasn't fast and furious, but the perch in between walleye bites kept us happy! The walleyes ranged from 7" to 18" and we caught them anywhere from 16' of water out to 38'. Moving around was the key, we had probably 50 holes drilled around our rental houses and we worked 'em all over... Best bite was from 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday, with 15 of our 26 'eyes coming in that time frame. The perch seemed to die off as the weekend progressed, Friday they were on fire, and yesterday they were a tad tight lipped.

Hope everyone had a good end to the walleye season!

My and my 4 year old were out Friday night and the bite was very good. Was up to Red on Saturday, pretty slow but managed a couple eye's and a 14" crappie. Sunday morning back out on Bemidji, very slow, marked a couple and caught a couple perch.

Matt, was that you fishing on the road next to Woodman's #1 shack Sunday AM? I wasn't sure so I didn't stop.

Buck

Buck, yeah, I tried flagging you down so we could finally meet. I was there to get our guys out of my rental, and I stayed to fish for an hour or so. I was on the edge of the road in the snowbank fishing between mine and Scott's houses. That hole produced 6 of our weekend 'eyes. When I gave Scott the GPS coords. he was about 20 feet off the mark because he said he was "too cold" to move it around until he was right on top of it.... ;\)

Originally Posted By: Matt Breuer
Buck, yeah, I tried flagging you down so we could finally meet. I was there to get our guys out of my rental, and I stayed to fish for an hour or so. I was on the edge of the road in the snowbank fishing between mine and Scott's houses. That hole produced 6 of our weekend 'eyes. When I gave Scott the GPS coords. he was about 20 feet off the mark because he said he was "too cold" to move it around until he was right on top of it.... ;\)

LOL! Scott needs to toughen up... grin.gif

Dang it, I knew I should've stopped. Guess I'll have to catch ya next time. If you see my truck out there anywhere just swing in and say "hi". I could be in one of Scott's shacks or one of my portables. I'll look for your rig next time as well.

How deep is it in that spot you were fishing? East side of Scott's house is 30ft, west end is at 28ft.

Buck

Well you guys could move it if you want to! Just let me know when it is on the spot on the spot and I will come and catch all the perch! grin.gif

Looks like WE will be taking them off on the 8th or 9th so you guys better be ready to do some work!

Originally Posted By: woodman
Well you guys could move it if you want to! Just let me know when it is on the spot on the spot and I will come and catch all the perch! grin.gif

Looks like WE will be taking them off on the 8th or 9th so you guys better be ready to do some work!

who's WE? whistle.gif

Buck

You and Matt! grin.gif