Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
woodduck

WILDERNESS WARMTH FEB 8-10TH

woodduck

Just got back from staying with Jay at Wilderness Warmth and have nothing but good things to say. My buddy and I got there on Friday morning, got bait, and Jay was ready to take us to our shack. The shack was heated up, holes drilled and just moved, ready to go. Decent shack, good heater, carpet, hole cvers, rattle reels, stove, and decent bunks. He stayed around and talked for a while and said he would be back later. He actaully checked on us regularly throughout our entire trip! Friday night he came by and we told him how slow it was and that little was being seen on the camera, so he told us he would move us Sat. if we wanted. By the way, we were on a really good looking spot--rock bar near a drop off- just little perch though. Anyways, Saturday during the raging wind storm and below zero temps. Jay was out there moving our shack just to try to get us on some fish!! I don't know many guys that would have done that. We ended up catching one really nice perch and some other little ones. I would highly recommend Wilderness Warmth to anyone looking for a nice cabin and a really helpful owner!

ddylan

That is great news man!!! We have a decent size group going up there this weekend and I keep hearing good news about Wilderness. Hopefully we can manage to pull some Jumbo's and a possible (but not probable) Walter out of the big lake. You guys find any pout after hours?

woodduck

Yeah, one tiny pout maybe 12 inches but that was it. Never saw a walleye on the camera. Most of the perch we caught were on a bare hooked minnow and most we had to be watching on camera to hook them. The big perch I caught spit up a huge ball of blood worms so maybe something resembling that dropped in and out of the mud would work?

ddylan

OK great thanks for the info I got a few days to get there but but were going to throw everything and more at them so hopefully there are some takers down there.

crue86

Jay was really good two us 2, the weekend before, we didnt move and only got a few little perch (was enough to keep kids busy watching on camera) and one little eel pout. But all in all we had a great time even though we didnt get any thing. Houses were nice cant complain real confortable good heater. good service, I guess me and my wife didnt expect to catch alot but its about the memorys! we will problably do it again next year

burbetsky

I was at the warmth Sun. to Tues. night saw 8-10 walleye caught 4 two were small 11in. 16in. two were bigger 24in. 25in. we also got 2 nice fat perch, simple set up different colored hooks on the reels, with minner. The perch we started with rattler tipped with minnow head made some noise and ruckus down there seemed to attract them, when they were on camera we would switch to gulp larvea chart-pink on a small hook or freshwater shrimp on a small hook. Best of luck. Jay and Amber keep up the great work.

WildernessWarmth

Just like to say thanks for all the nice reports.we are happy to hear our customers appreciate all our hard work,because we try real hard to make everyones time with us as fun and safe as we can.now if we can only get the fish to help out!!!!!!.once again thanks to all our customers past,present,and future your bussiness is important to us!!!good luck and great fishing.

AceintheHole

Me and the wife will be up on friday till sunday. Should be a great time fish or no fish. See you and amber around noon. Can't wait ready to xplode.

AceintheHole

Just got back from wilderness warmth. We had a very good weekend. I would like to thank Jay and Amber for the excellent service. You guys are top notch in my book. I already want to come back, maybe in march when the perch pick up. Fishing was ok on friday we ended up with 3 jumbos which we had for supper saturday night. Saturday night was the best fishing of the weekend around 9pm I got a 24" eelpout, after that it was steady action till about 1am. We ended up getting a 17", 2 19", 24", 27" and a 29" walleyes. All fish were caught on hook and shiner combos about 4" off the bottom. So I should thank Jay for putting us in his honey hole. THANK YOU once agian for a wonderful weekend. The house was perfect

walleyerookie

Sounds like you had a great weekend !!!!! headind up there next weekend over by spirit and andersons, if you dont mind sharing what kind of tackle are you using ?

thanks in advance

AceintheHole

colored hooks with a red bead and shiners worked the best