Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
binsfeldnick

Morris point

4 posts in this topic

A bunch of us are heading up there on the 29th and i was just wondering if anyone has any recent reports. Also wondering if need to bring sleds to get off of the trails or if truck is good enough. Any info helpful. thanks

Was there over the weekend, just fishing from a rental (me and a friend each brought our dads up, so we didn't want to mess w/ portables). Fishing was pretty slow, but we managed to catch enough for meals each night. A glow red forage minnow jig on a set-line w/ whole fat-head about 6" from bottom was the best producer, followed by just about any glow spoon for jigging (except the buck-shots, which seemed to scare more fish off than they caught). I'm sure the fishing would have been better off the roads, but with the temps and winds, I'm glad we were in a nice warm rental. As for fishing off the roads, you'll need sleds after the wind that was there over the weekend. On Sunday morning, it took 3 trucks plowing almost non-stop just to keep the road open enough to get on/off the lake. Hope this helps, and good luck up there!

Thanks for the reply. hope the fishing picks up a bit in the next 2 weeks which it should. If not we'll have to do some scouting. 14 of us coming up in portables spread out should be able to find some fish. Kind of my pre wedding fishing trip.

Originally Posted By: binsfeldnick
Kind of my pre wedding fishing trip.

Well hopefully it's not your last man!

Just kiddin, enjoy your trip!

fiskyknut