Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shakojdub1425

Your guess on the Forest Lake tourney Biggest fish?

26 posts in this topic

Just wanted to see what you guys thought would be the biggest fish out there? Whats your guys guess and what they caught it on.......

46" musky. Seriously.

Wont count as muskie season is closed. Only fish that are within seasonal regulations will be weighed. All muskies must be immediately returned to the water. That is right in the rules for the contest.

6 lb Pike on a jig tipped with something big and stinky !!

5.9 Lb. Pike on a crappie minnow.

Hopefully whatever is at the end of my line.

8lb pike and a 6lb walleye

im guessin a 7.5LB pike

...just probably not a 1 lb rainbow trout this year...:-)

I was looking at the rules for this tournament last night and it never said the prizes for the fishing contest. It only lists all the prizes being given away for the contest and the raffle total. How many contest prizes do they give away and how do they determine 1st place, 2nd place, etc.?? Do they have seperate classes for walleye, pike, panfish etc. and award prizes to the top three, five, or ten in each class???

I will guess the top fish of the contest will be a 7.3 pound pike now that muskies must be returned to the water because of the regulation change.

GE

14.36 pound carp

4# 6 0z. pike.

Tunrevir~

8 lb pike on tip up with plain red hook and big shiner, that is if anyone can find em!

GoggleEye - The prizes are listed on the website, you can Click Here.

There is 104 contest prizes and the places are determined by weight and time. Heaviest fish taking the 1st place Ford F150. 104th heaviest fish, which will be quite small, will take the Skeeter Walleye boat.

There are no classes.

The Raffle has 40 prizes. They will be drawn from 40th to 1st.

Raffle tickets are $10 each.

Can you win more then 1 prize? I know I am dreaming here but if I catch a big northern can I then go for a smaller fish to hope for prize #104 to go with prize #1? \:\)

Neiko - As stated in the rules...

You may register, as many fish as you like, but only the heaviest fish you registered will qualify for a contest prize.

No contestant will be eligible for more than one contest prize.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Fish, can you bring your portable but not erect the shelter? I just want to use the sled to lug my stuff around.

8oz perch

Fishapalooza, thanks for answering my question. I just may have to come out on Saturday. You have some really nice prizes!

Hondavrx - Yes. As long as you don't set it up at all. It will also be subject to inspection before entering the contest area.

8.7 lb. dogfish!

How many contestants are usually participating in the contest on average?? Anyone know or have an idea?

GE

Last I heard I think there were just over a thousand on it. Don't quote me on that though.

Not real sure how big it's going to be and I realy don't care as long as I can get it through that shunken 8" hole \:D Good luck everyone!